• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Accessing admin Problem

corum10

Installed osc ok and am right now looking at the pre configed page. I'm happy, but when i try to access admin i get this error message:

Fatal error: Cannot re-assign $this in /home/www/mydomain/catalog/admin/includes/classes/upload.php on line 31

Any ideas really appreciated as I'm at a loss.

Thanks in advance all.

Installed osc ok and am right now looking at the pre configed page. I'm happy, but when i try to access admin i get this error message:

Fatal error: Cannot re-assign $this in /home/www/mydomain/catalog/admin/includes/classes/upload.php on line 31

Thanks in advance all.

I get the same exact error so your not alone in your suffering... :angry:

So this is two people with the same issue? Maybe more? Just for the people reading this and maybe helping I am running Windows 2000 Apache2 PHP5 MySQL 4.1.10 Thanks in advanced!

Thanks in advance all.

I was getting the same error after I installed and hit the site administrator button. I went and opened the upload.php file and took a look. This is a piece of the code; the

// self destruct

$this = null;

return false;

is where its pooping out. You know what I did - I commented out line 31 like this.

// $this=null;

with no obvious side affects. Site administrator started up. Sorry I can't give a better solution. I would like to know WTF too. But for now there you go.

Thanks BlueFoot, lolol the kind of fixes I love. now will wait for my world to explode lolol Hey, if it works right.

Thanks again

You R welcome.

Hope to hear what the real problem was.

I was getting the same error after I installed and hit the site administrator button. I went and opened the upload.php file and took a look. This is a piece of the code; the

// self destruct

$this = null;

return false;

is where its pooping out. You know what I did - I commented out line 31 like this.

// $this=null;

with no obvious side affects. Site administrator started up. Sorry I can't give a better solution. I would like to know WTF too. But for now there you go.

So why would there be a self destruct line of code? I know it was encourage us to A: really understand PHP, or B: Join the community? Well both ways worked for me. :D

So why would there be a self destruct line of code? I know it was encourage us to A: really understand PHP, or B: Join the community? Well both ways worked for me.  :D

Did a forum search on "line 31".

Looks like if you running php 5 that you will get this error. Either "downgrade" to a version 4 compile or comment out the $this=null; line.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I had a customers site that just suddenly starting getting this and found that their host was on php version 4.3.10

A quick search on google found this page :

creloaded.com forum

I tried the suggested fix for PHP5:

GO TO directory: admin/includes/classes/ and open upload.php , there is on line

// self destruct

$this = null;

THIS should be :

// self destruct

$this == null;

and now admin works correctly again!

Archived