• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Newbie :: Is there a catalog only mode?

tamarabrown

Sorry, I didn't find this option in features or documentation - Can osCommerce be set to run in catalog mode only? That means turning the buy / add-to-cart options off leaving you with a searchable catalog.

My client sells tractors and bulldozers. Not exactly an easy to sell online or ship item.

Thanks.

You could use the add to cart/buy buttons as a way to get a consulation on a specific product... IE you add products to a "cart" and maybe use a modified store pickup, that won't charge the customer, and then the owner could contact the customer to go more specifically into the product

You could use the add to cart/buy buttons as a way to get a consulation on a specific product... IE you add products to a "cart" and maybe use a modified store pickup, that won't charge the customer, and then the owner could contact the customer to go more specifically into the product

That option is still more than we are looking for. I want all of the product display features but no add or buy option or customer account option.

You can modify osc to make it so it is just a catalog and no add to cart buttons. It has been done by quite a few sites. Just takes patience and some work =)

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

Archived