• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Customers Having Problems Adding to Cart

AJRYAN

I am hoping that there is an easy solution for this, but I haven't found any here and Microsoft is of absolutely no help.

Customers using msn browsers cannot shop on my site and I have no idea why. All other browsers work fine, but when an msn user tries to add items to their cart, they keep getting the cookie_useage popup. I just had a customer who was extremely frustrated that spent over a half - hour changing settings and still could not get anything to work. She finally gave up and called.

If anyone has any idea how to fix this or what recommendations I can post for customers using msn, I would be most grateful for you sharing this information.

TIA

I am hoping that there is an easy solution for this, but I haven't found any here and Microsoft is of absolutely no help.

Customers using msn browsers cannot shop on my site and I have no idea why.  All other browsers work fine, but when an msn user tries to add items to their cart, they keep getting the cookie_useage popup.  I just had a customer who was extremely frustrated that spent over a half - hour changing settings and still could not get anything to work.  She finally gave up and called.

If anyone has any idea how to fix this or what recommendations I can post for customers using msn, I would be most grateful for you sharing this information. 

TIA

I haven't noted a problem with MSN browsers.

make sure you have force cookies set to false in your admin panel, and in your confiure.php files that

define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql'); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'mysql'

GEOTEX from Houston, TX

(George)

I haven't noted a problem with MSN browsers.

make sure you have force cookies set to false in your admin panel, and in your confiure.php files that

define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql'); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'mysql'

Thanks for the response.

cookies are set to false, and sessions are stored in the database.

Anyone else got any suggestions????

Thanks.

Art

Thanks for the response.

cookies are set to false, and sessions are stored in the database.

Anyone else got any suggestions????

Thanks.

Art

Thanks for taking a look at this chemo

define('HTTP_SERVER','http://www.mydomain.com'); // eg, http://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers
define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://www.mydomain.com'); // eg, https://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers
define('ENABLE_SSL', true); // secure webserver for checkout procedure?
define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN','www.mydomain.com');
define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN','www.mydomain.com');
define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/');
define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '/');
define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/');
define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/');
define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');
define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');
define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');
define('DIR_WS_BOXES',DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');
define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');
define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');
define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');
define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');
define('DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', 'pub/');
define('DIR_FS_CATALOG','/home/discpool/public_html/');
define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD',DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');
define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC',DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/');

Those settings look correct...other than the www.mydomain.com

Assuming you are not using a subdomain, shared certificate, or otherwise suffering from a canonical match issue with the SSL those should work fine for any browser.

Of course, the only way to know for sure is if you post your current file without modifications (or database settings).

Bobby

Those settings look correct...other than the www.mydomain.com

Assuming you are not using a subdomain, shared certificate, or otherwise suffering from a canonical match issue with the SSL those should work fine for any browser.

Of course, the only way to know for sure is if you post your current file without modifications (or database settings).

Bobby

there may be something esle we don't know. Was this really "customers" using MSN, or just one, that may be behind a very restrictive firewall or have some other non-osCommerce related software or computer problems? I have one customer I host the cart for, uses MSN, very seldom the latest version unless they send him a new cd, and never has had a problem using the cart or Admin panel.

GEOTEX from Houston, TX

(George)

there may be something esle we don't know. Was this really "customers" using MSN, or just one, that may be behind a very restrictive firewall or have some other non-osCommerce related software or computer problems? I have one customer I host the cart for, uses MSN, very seldom the latest version unless they send him a new cd, and never has had a problem using the cart or Admin panel.

Well, one can never be quite sure of course, but this was the second complaint this week. A lot of people probably just move on after getting frustrated and giving up. They were both MSN users.

Thanks for responding.

Art

did you happen to ask them what version they are using? I'd like to look at this further. I had some problems when AOL 8 came out, and had to change some settings in the configure files to get osCommerce and my hosting company's setup to to work with it.

GEOTEX from Houston, TX

(George)

Check your logs and see what turns up.

What exactly in your expert opinion should he be looking for in his logs? Assuming he is on a shared server how would he check his server logs to begin with?

Bobby

did you happen to ask them what version they are using? I'd like to look at this further. I had some problems when AOL 8 came out, and had to change some settings in the configure files to get osCommerce and my hosting company's setup to to work with it.

Thanks again for responding.

Unfortunately, I guess I didn't have the presence of mind to do so at the time...

I can find out though, i think. this should be interesting,

thanks

aj

Thanks again for responding.

Unfortunately,  I guess I didn't have the presence of mind to do so at the time...

I can find out though, i think.  this should be interesting,

thanks

aj

I didn't see a link to your site. I have msn 7 still on my computer from pre-dsl days, so fired it up and tested some sites. This version seems to work okay.

GEOTEX from Houston, TX

(George)

Archived