• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Editing Chinese

I've got a translator translating my site. He has posted the translation of my shipping policy to my own forum. It's come out on the forum great. But when I try to cut and paste the chinese text into my own shipping.php file from the chinese section all I get is 000000 blocks or some such.

Any ideas what program I can use to insert these special characters. I've got dreamweaver set on chinese but it still doesn't work.

The characters that are in chinese already within the document display fine but not the ones I paste in.

Any help would be appreciated.

I've got a translator translating my site.  He has posted the translation of my shipping policy to my own forum.  It's come out on the forum great.  But when I try to cut and paste the chinese text into my own shipping.php file from the chinese section all I get is 000000 blocks or some such.

Any ideas what program I can use to insert these special characters.  I've got dreamweaver set on chinese but it still doesn't work. 

The characters that are in chinese already within the document display fine but not the ones I paste in.

Any help would be appreciated.

You might need chinese language enabling for your operating system if using copy & paste.

Treasurer MFC

If you can get your translator to give you a Chinese Word file, try this. In Word, save the file as Encoded Text (*.txt), and select Big5 (that's for trad. characters; of course you'll want a different encoding for simplified). Then open the file in a text editor (not Word). What you want is text that looks like garbage (not recognizable Chinese characters, boxes, or question marks):

?v???u??

Copy and paste into your php files. The characters should show up fine on your site.

"Buy the ticket, take the ride..." -HST

Archived