• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

create account problem

BLUECAKEO

I am testing my site and when I create an account the proceed it comes up with the following message:

Your E-Mail Address already exists in our records - please log in with the e-mail address or create an account with a different address.

I have searched the forum and can't find any help.....you are my last hope!!!

If you previously created an account with that e-mail address and then deleted it from your osCommerce Control Panel under Customers, but are storing sessions in files instead of in the database then there may still be a record of that e-mail address. The solution then would be to make the last line of both configure.php files read 'mysql' where indicated.

If you have already done that and are having this problem then you will have to access your database via phpMyAdmin and manually delete that entry from the 'customers' table.

Vger

Thank you for your post.

I have checked the configure.php file and that is fine.

I went to manually delete through PHPMYADMIN but there was nothing to delete.

I added the Payment with out account contribution , can that have anything to do with it?

If you previously created an account with that e-mail address and then deleted it from your osCommerce Control Panel under Customers, but are storing sessions in files instead of in the database then there may still be a record of that e-mail address.  The solution then would be to make the last line of both configure.php files read 'mysql' where indicated.

If you have already done that and are having this problem then you will have to access your database via phpMyAdmin and manually delete that entry from the 'customers' table.

Vger

Archived