• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Gift Vouchers

Dada1

Hello,

I normally research as much as I can. What I'm looking for is a something that will explain exactly how this contribution works. I don't think I quite understand how it works. I have it installed with no problem but i dont really think it works correctly. How and where does a customer redeem a GC or coupon code?

Thank You

I'm sorry, I do have one more question. When setting it up for tax, I only need it to charge tax for my state which I already have set in my zone. I just wanna make sure on this, so if I add the tax set up will it only charge tax to the selected zones or will it charge tax for everyone?

This is how I have it currently set up.

Tax recalculation required

Sub-total - Sort order = 1

Shipping - Sort order = 2

Gift Voucher - Sort order = 740

Discount Coupons - Sort Order =760

Tax - Sort order = 800

Total - Sort Order = 900

Thank You

Ya'all should read the support thread for this contribution. Most of your questions should be answered there.

As for setting them up and how to use them, the instructions are at the end of the install.html file.

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

Hi,

With all respect, that thread is 116 pages long. I have tried searching them for answers to my questions regarding the percentage discount setup since it won't take % in the coupon setup form, and how to get the CCGVcontrib to actually withdraw the discount on checkout with the PayPAl IPN module installed. (If anyone knows the answer please reply :) So I am in understanding of a new shorter more clear thread on this subject. Please?

Ellinor

Ya'all should read the support thread for this contribution. Most of your questions should be answered there.

As for setting them up and how to use them, the instructions are at the end of the install.html file.

I'm sorry, I think you misread my question. I know how to set it up and had no problem with that and have read the installation HTML and i know how to use it. What I am asking is not addressed and the search isnt relavant as it returns everything within the keywords wether it's related or not.

My question is, if I set up the order total to include tax. Will it just charge it for my zone or will it charge it for everyone. I just need it to charge people in my state and that's all. The installation html wasnt very clear and made no remarks concerning this issue. I am just trying to clear this up so I understand it correctly as this would not be something I would want happening if it could be avoided.

I've have read post that say include as much info as possible and that's what i did above, is that wrong?

Thank You

Dada1

I am guessing here (as I have this contribution and only charge tax to one state) that the standard set up (I didn't change any of the settings it came set with) will work for only charging tax in your state. If you want to test this threory why not set up 2 test accounts, one with an address in your state, one from a different state? Not that it is perfect but it is what I do on all of the sites I make and then I make test orders (usually have the check/money order option available so i dont have to place any cc orders). That should show you if it is working correctly or not.

fontgarden

i have not tried a pecentage so I do not know the answer to that question. On a test order I did the credit was removed from the total price before going to payapl. If it isn't working for you, I am unsure what to tell you.

I just mentioned the other thread because it is in the contribution area and the person who wrote the contribution is more likely to see posts about it because I think most of them monitor their threads from what I can tell. Support threads in the contributions area usually get answered pretty quick.

Hope you both work things out. =)

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

Thanks Wendy! I would love to get a shorter thread with the relevant bugfixes and changes and a separate thread for support issues. Thanks for your help!

Ellinor

Archived