• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to show specials expiry date on product_info

osjunkie

Can anyone paste the code on what would be required to produced the expiry date of a product on special?

This would be a benefit by making customers take advantage of a limited time price.

Thanks in advance.

Can anyone paste the code on what would be required to produced the expiry date of a product on special?

This would be a benefit by making customers take advantage of a limited time price.

Thanks in advance.

Forgot to specify that this should be in the product_info.php file.

try this

if ($new_price = tep_get_products_special_price($product_info['products_id'])) {
     $products_price = '<s>' . $currencies->display_price($product_info['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</s> <span class="productSpecialPrice">' . $currencies->display_price($new_price, tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span>';
   } else {
     $products_price = $currencies->display_price($product_info['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id']));
   }

try this

if ($new_price = tep_get_products_special_price($product_info['products_id'])) {
? ? ?$products_price = '<s>' . $currencies->display_price($product_info['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</s> <span class="productSpecialPrice">' . $currencies->display_price($new_price, tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span>';
? ?} else {
? ? ?$products_price = $currencies->display_price($product_info['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id']));
? ?}

That's just for showing the price. I want to show the expiry date on for the special. You will need to query the specials table and pull information from the expiry_date column on that product.

Sorry, i dont know how to do that. I'm not a coder, but what your trying to do would be something nice. You might wanna looking the admin files and see if you can locate it.

Sorry i couldnt help more.

$product_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_price, s.specials_new_products_price, s.expires_date from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s " . ($admin_allowed_stores[0] == '*' ? " " : " LEFT JOIN " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_STORES . " p2s ON p.products_id = p2s.products_id ") . "where p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p.products_id = s.products_id and s.specials_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['sID'] . "'" . ($admin_allowed_stores[0] == '*' ? " " : " and s.stores_id = '" . (int)$selected_store_id  . "' and p2s.stores_id in(" . implode(',' , $admin_allowed_stores) . ") "));
     $product = tep_db_fetch_array($product_query);

$contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . TEXT_INFO_EXPIRES_DATE . ' <b>' . tep_date_short($sInfo->expires_date) . '</b>');

All I can located in admin/specials.php

I just tried playing around with the code. The problem is the code on that page is for input. Their is no output code show you would have to write something to show the output of what is set in the specicals page in the admin. You would think they would have an option to display it. It really is a good idea.

it will be something like:

$special_query = tep_db_query("select expires_date from specials where products_id='" . $product['products_id'] . "'");

$special_result = tep_db_fetch_array($special_query);

echo 'This special price is valid until ' . tep_date_short($special_result['expires_date']);

from your message it looks like you are using some sort of multistore contribution, so if you are using that functionality you will need to take that into account.

Matt

specials.php

Add to the .sql query:

s.expires_date

To output the result, add:

tep_date_long($specials['expires_date'])

I have this working on my Store, however I am not allowed to post the URL publically. If you want to see this in action please PM me and I will provide the URL.

specials.php

Add to the .sql query:

s.expires_date

To output the result, add:

tep_date_long($specials['expires_date'])

I have this working on my Store, however I am not allowed to post the URL publically.  If you want to see this in action please PM me and I will provide the URL.

If I put s.expires i get and error that the field doesn't exist. It's not producing the date.

Ok, with the help of the master himself, "D_BLAKE" he has found the brokeness and made it whole.

Here is the final working copy.

//Specials Expiry Query
$special_query = tep_db_query("select expires_date from " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " where products_id='" . $product_info['products_id'] . "'");
$special = tep_db_fetch_array($special_query);

?>
  <tr>
  <td colspan="2" class="main" align="center"><?php echo 'This special price is valid until ' . tep_date_short($special['expires_date']); ?></td>
  </tr>

Thanks for all that participating in making this work.

• 1 year later...
Ok, with the help of the master himself, "D_BLAKE" he has found the brokeness and made it whole.

Here is the final working copy.

//Specials Expiry Query
$special_query = tep_db_query("select expires_date from " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " where products_id='" . $product_info['products_id'] . "'");
$special = tep_db_fetch_array($special_query);

?>
  <tr>
  <td colspan="2" class="main" align="center"><?php echo 'This special price is valid until ' . tep_date_short($special['expires_date']); ?></td>
  </tr>

Thanks for all that participating in making this work.

hmm now if only I knew what file that went in... :blink:

Archived