• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

I want a speical page for special customers

Hi, I would like to know is it possible to create a special page with a few products but with the link hidden from the general public? Because I would like to post a few pdocuts for custoemrs who reads the message board. Thanks!

Eric

Actually, there's a contribution that allows you to have certain products for customers in a certain group. The group is defined in the admin section.

I forget what the contribution is called, but I'm certian that one exists with that functionality.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

Thanks for the reply. I was hoping where I don't have to install any new mod. 'cuz I don't want the store the screw up again.

Its called CustomerDiscount v1.1. But it doesnt restrict only certain people from accessing the pages like i think he is wanted.

If i understand correctly he wants to create only pages his forum members could access. The that case he would have to build in within his fourm and untilize the forums boards sessions instread of OSC. In order to do that one way is to make a new template like i suggested and have the calls from OSC in it.

Thats if i understand it correctly.

Its called CustomerDiscount v1.1. But it doesnt restrict only certain people from accessing the pages like i think he is wanted.

If i understand correctly he wants to create only pages his forum members could access. The that case he would  have to build in within his fourm and untilize the forums boards sessions instread of OSC. In order to do that one way is to make a new template like i suggested and have the calls from OSC in it.

Thats if i understand it correctly.

Yes that is correct. I want to give the forum members a speical price on a few items but not to everyone. I was thinking of setting up another store but I don't want to setup everything again, so I was hoping I can just add a temp. page. With the whole using the forum thing and calls for OSC... I am sorry, I have no clue what you are talking about. I am so out dated.

Well the mod above will give speical pricing to certain members. If you dont wanna go that route it will get pretty indepth to make a soultion for just your forum members. It can be done but it will take a lot of work.

Another soultion is to use the Credit Class gift voucher mode and set up a coupon code and display it on your fourm board that only those people know how it.

Then when they checkout they get the pricing and you can have it show the speical price for those members compared to outside customers.

No, that's not the one I'm talking about.

The one I'm talking about hides products from anyone not assigned to a specific group. You'd have to assign each member in the group manually, but it would give you the functionality you're looking for.

You wouldn't have to do anything specific in the forum software unless you wanted the customers to be assigned to the group automatically. Even then , you'd only need to have a 'sync' script that queried the members table of the forum database, and updated the customers table of the OSC database.

Unfortunatly, at very minimum, you'd need to install a contribution, and at most you'd need to develop a solution yourself, or hire someone to do it for you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

Ah, here's the contribution I was talking about.

I've never used it before, so I can't vouch for it validity, but the description indicates that it does what you are aking.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...h,hide+products

Archived