• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to display the percentage value?

lolati

Hello

I am using the featured categories module + special by categories and I'd like to know how to display the value of the percentage discount applied per category and/OR the percentage per products but I'd prefer per category if possible

eg: -10%

can't figure out how to dissociate specials_price from products_price....

Thanks

Lola

MS2

Multistore

:-"

Lola

Hello

I am using the featured categories module + special by categories and I'd like to know how to display the value of the percentage discount applied per category and/OR the percentage per products but I'd prefer per category if possible

eg: -10%

can't figure out how to dissociate specials_price from products_price....

Thanks

Lola

MS2

Multistore

:-"

not sure about that contribution but in the normal specials box I use the following which could be adapted to your case I think :

$savings = ceil((1-($random_product['specials_new_products_price']/$random_product['products_price'])) * 100);

echo '-' . $savings . '%';

Treasurer MFC

not sure about that contribution but in the normal specials box I use the following which could be adapted to your case I think :

$savings = ceil((1-($random_product['specials_new_products_price']/$random_product['products_price'])) * 100);

echo '-' . $savings . '%';

Should be something like that, why do you use $random_product? I should be able to get the percentage from this type of formula:

(specials_new_products_price/products_price)*100

but it gives me a division by zero. $products_price displays both regular price AND reduced price, can't find where to get the original $products_price with regular price only!

Lola

Should be something like that, why do you use $random_product? I should be able to get the percentage from this type of formula:

(specials_new_products_price/products_price)*100

but it gives me a division by zero. $products_price displays both regular price AND reduced price, can't find where to get the original $products_price with regular price only!

$random_product because the specials box selects a random product.

if it generates a divide by zero then obviously the price = zero.

to put it in perspective, the total code for the box.

<?php

if ($random_product =

tep_random_select("select p.products_id,

pd.products_name,

p.products_price,

p.products_tax_class_id,

p.products_image,

s.specials_new_products_price

from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p,

" . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd,

" . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s

where p.products_status = '1' and

p.products_id = s.products_id and

pd.products_id = s.products_id and

pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and

s.status = '1'

order by s.specials_date_added desc

limit " . MAX_RANDOM_SELECT_SPECIALS)) {

echo '<tr><td>';

$info_box_contents = array();

$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => '<a class="infoboxHeading" href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SPECIALS) . '">' . BOX_HEADING_SPECIALS . '</a>');

new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents, true, true, tep_href_link(FILENAME_SPECIALS));

$info_box_contents[] =

array('align' => 'center',

'text' => '<a onmouseover="window.status=\'' . $random_product['products_name'] . '\' ; return true" href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $random_product["products_id"]) . '">' .

tep_image(DIR_WS_PRODUCT_IMAGES . $random_product['products_image'], $random_product['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a><br>

<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $random_product['products_id']) . '">' . $random_product['products_name'] . '</a><br>

<s>' . $currencies->display_price_nodiscount($random_product['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($random_product['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</s><br><span class="productSpecialPrice">' . $currencies->display_price_nodiscount($random_product['specials_new_products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($random_product['products_tax_class_id'])) . '<br><i>(-' . $savings . '%)</i></span><br><br>

<a class="smalltext" href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SPECIALS) . '">' . TEXT_VIEW_ALL . '</a>');

new contentBox($info_box_contents);

echo '</td></tr>';

}

?>

Treasurer MFC

$random_product because the specials box selects a random product.

if it generates a divide by zero then obviously the price = zero.

to put it in perspective, the total code for the box.

<?php

if ($random_product =

tep_random_select("select p.products_id,

pd.products_name,

p.products_price,

p.products_tax_class_id,

p.products_image,

s.specials_new_products_price

from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p,

" . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd,

" . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s

where p.products_status = '1' and

p.products_id = s.products_id and

pd.products_id = s.products_id and

pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and

s.status = '1'

order by s.specials_date_added desc

limit " . MAX_RANDOM_SELECT_SPECIALS)) {

echo '<tr><td>';

$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => '<a class="infoboxHeading" href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SPECIALS) . '">' . BOX_HEADING_SPECIALS . '</a>');

new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents, true, true, tep_href_link(FILENAME_SPECIALS));

$info_box_contents[] =

array('align' => 'center',

'text' => '<a onmouseover="window.status=\'' . $random_product['products_name'] . '\' ; return true" href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $random_product["products_id"]) . '">' .

tep_image(DIR_WS_PRODUCT_IMAGES . $random_product['products_image'], $random_product['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a><br>

<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $random_product['products_id']) . '">' . $random_product['products_name'] . '</a><br>

<s>' . $currencies->display_price_nodiscount($random_product['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($random_product['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</s><br><span class="productSpecialPrice">' . $currencies->display_price_nodiscount($random_product['specials_new_products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($random_product['products_tax_class_id'])) . '<br><i>(-' . $savings . '%)</i></span><br><br>

<a class="smalltext" href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SPECIALS) . '">' . TEXT_VIEW_ALL . '</a>');

new contentBox($info_box_contents);

echo '</td></tr>';

}

?>

Has to be something like that ...but what I really don't understand is where I can pull the original price from AND the special price from , my price equal zero because it's no longer the price but two: old price and new discounted price. so of course I can't divide that.

Lola

Has to be something like that ...but  what I really don't understand is where I can pull the original price from AND the special price from , my price equal zero because it's no longer the price but two: old price and new discounted price. so of course I can't divide that.

because you have to use the prices as they come from the database, not after you changed that into a string containing several prices and currency codes.

Treasurer MFC

because you have to use the prices as they come from the database, not after you changed that into a string containing several prices and currency codes.

Yes, I do understand that but I simply have no idea how to pull thoses prices from the database in order to apply the formula to display the value of the percentage...

Lola

Ms2

:'(

Lola

• 1 year later...