• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Biggest Newbie of All

adorevintage

All right, as the topic title suggests, this is the very first time I have ever attempted to learn PHP/MYSQL etc etc...

Please no snide comments :blush: I do know a lot of my questions are basic, but again this is my first time, I'm a PHP virgin you could say.

Anyhow, this is my site AdoreVintage.com and it is completely run on HTML, very old school, I know. Anyhow, I love the design of my site and I like the navigation and how everything is laid out and I would like it to be run using OSCommerce, but I don't want to change the design so much. Is this even possible? Every "Live Shop" I have visited has the same exact modules, which is fine, I don't mind it, but almost everyone's layout looks exactly the same except for colors and images, but it's all the same three columns.

First NEWB Question: Right now I have to go to www.adorevintage.com/shop to view the site, how do I view it so that it is just www.adorevintage.com? Do I have to delete the shop folder and transfer everything into the main folder? :blink:

Well that's really all the questions I have so far, I just set this up this afternoon so obviously there isn't a single thing on my website.

Hi! Welcome to oscommerce! Your osc site is currently in your shop folder. To move it so it shows in your main domain would mean deleting your existing store and having a site under development with customers lurking!! Trust me, you dont want this! When your site is ready and developed, moving it up a level is no real biggy - from memory, 4 or 5 files need tweaking, so I would advise developing it where it is, and letting your customers carry on shopping with your existing site. If you do want to jump in the deep end and move it up right now, it is fairly easy depending on which ftp suite you are using (assuming you have direct ftp access to your server..?)

Anyway, if you get stuck, try typing in your problem to the search bar - with over 100,000 topics, most problems have been found, thought about and solved already!

Good luck!

Please note - if I have suggested a contrib above, it doesnt mean it will work! Most of the contribs are not ones I've used, but may be useful for your particular problem....

Have you tried a refined search? Chances are your problem has already been dealt with elsewhere on the forums.....

if (stumped == true) {

return(square_one($start_over)

} else {

$random_query = tep_fetch_answer($forum_query)

}

Archived