• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

adjusting the width of the page

Clemson87

I am trying to adjust the width of my pages to 750 pixels. It seems that since the width is set at "width=100%" I cannot do it. I need to find where in the script I can edit this to make it a firm 750 pixels. Does that make sense? :) Can anyone help?

I am trying to adjust the width of my pages to 750 pixels.  It seems that since the width is set at "width=100%" I cannot do it.  I need to find where in the script I can edit this to make it a firm 750 pixels.  Does that make sense?  :)  Can anyone help?

Read the kb for how - you will need to change all of the files in catalog

Charles

A kite flies highest AGAINST the wind !

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a lover in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming ~ WOO HOO!! What a ride!"

There is an easy fix, probably frowned on by the coding elite, but its worked well for my site for 2 years now:

In includes/header.php, immediately after the <body> tag, add this:

<table width="750px" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" border="0"><tr><td width="100%>

Then in includes/footer.php, just before the </body> tag, add the following:

</td></tr></table>

This has now enclosed your entire store into a new table with a width of 750 pixels. The only problem with this is if your store design forces a wider span (i.e. if you have an 800 pixel banner or have 5 180 pixel wide images side by side), the table will expand to allow the extra space, and drag the whole table out to that width. You can also use this a cheating way to center your shop by adding <center> and </center> tags respectively.

Please note - if I have suggested a contrib above, it doesnt mean it will work! Most of the contribs are not ones I've used, but may be useful for your particular problem....

Have you tried a refined search? Chances are your problem has already been dealt with elsewhere on the forums.....

if (stumped == true) {

return(square_one($start_over)

} else {

$random_query = tep_fetch_answer($forum_query)

}

I like your idea, but I don't have <body> or </body> in header or footer respectively. I can probably figure out where to put them, but I was just wondering where yours were to back me up.

Thanks.

Mike

Archived