• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Forbidden You don't have permission to access

chea

I don't know how long it has been doing this but I was testing things out and well when I goto forgot password and enter the e-mail address it does that. I checked permissions and everything is on 755 so I have no idea what could be the problem.

I don't know how long it has been doing this but I was testing things out and well when I goto forgot password and enter the e-mail address it does that. I checked permissions and everything is on 755 so I have no idea what could be the problem.

uppin

The only thing I added is the template that allows you to customize the site easier and one that makes it record PayPal orders.

Heres what happened, I created an acount and thats great but there is no where to log back out??.

If you then back click your browser it takes you back to where you started, But now you are not logged in anymore.

Then I tried to log back in with my email and password and I get the error.

I have also recieved my email confirmation so thats fine.

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /wosestore/login.php/action/process on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.33 Server at www.wordofsouth.com Port 80

Heres a couple of reasons

(1) Possibly we have all been blocked out? :blink:

(2)I have been blocked out :'(

(3) Incorrect allow deny access controls in apache >_<

(4) or .htaccess file inside wosestore/file :angry:

(5) or possibly file redirection through apache to a dodgy 404/403 result

( WARNING )

I think I know what Im talking about.

BACK UP BACK UP BACK UP BACK UP

Apache/1.3.33 Server at www.wordofsouth.com Port 80

Heres a couple of reasons

(1) Possibly we have all been blocked out? :blink:

(2)I have been blocked out :'(

(3) Incorrect allow deny access controls in apache  >_<

(4) or .htaccess file inside wosestore/file :angry:

(5) or possibly file redirection through apache to a dodgy 404/403 result

How would I go about fixing all of this?

you need to post a bit more detail and quit bumping the thread, as you are not helping us to help you at all. it is also against forum rules to bump.

if you have a cpanel, go in and select 'Password protect directory' and then set permission on your store admin.

this is a web server issue, not an oscommerce issue

you need to post a bit more detail and quit bumping the thread, as you are not helping us to help you at all.  it is also against forum rules to bump.

if you have a cpanel, go in and select 'Password protect directory' and then set permission on your store admin.

this is a web server issue, not an oscommerce issue

Well, for one I have an issue with my store and this would be the place to come to to get the support that I need to fix the issue. There is no other way to get support if people who know about this do not reply.

What do I set the permission to?

Also if this is a web server issue then what do I do to fix it.

• 2 weeks later...

People try to login and they get this error. I am getting errors here yet no one can help out.

People cannot login to their accounts to order product. I am losing customers with issues like this.

• 2 months later...
People try to login and they get this error. I am getting errors here yet no one can help out.

People cannot login to their accounts to order product. I am losing customers with issues like this.

Try turning off your hotlink protection in your webhost cPanel.

• 1 year later...
Try turning off your hotlink protection in your webhost cPanel.

THANKYOU.

I just spent 2 days trying to get my images working when I hadn’t realized my associate had turned on hotlink protection in cPanel.

Very frustrating.

THANKS AGAIN

Archived