• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Thumbnail Size Problem

nathanuk

I'm using a skin I downloaded which has a fixed width and have installed a contribution that puts my products in columns. When I try to make my thumbnails a larger size it knocks the site all out, how can I solve this.

Thanks

Nathan

www.crazyskins.com

I'm using a skin I downloaded which has a fixed width and have installed a contribution that puts my products in columns. When I try to make my thumbnails a larger size it knocks the site all out, how can I solve this.

Thanks

Nathan

www.crazyskins.com

Hi there,

I went to your site,,, www.crazyskins.com, i clicked you thumbnails and they done enlarge, this has been mentioned loads of time here on the forum, but ill help you this time

The pictures, has to be larger than the thumbnail to begin with, osc will download size the pic, but it will not uprate the pic, so if you upload massive pics then your'll have no problems,

Hi there,

I went to your site,,, www.crazyskins.com, i clicked you thumbnails and they done enlarge, this has been mentioned loads of time here on the forum, but ill help you this time

The pictures, has to be larger than the thumbnail to begin with, osc will download size the pic, but it will not uprate the pic, so if you upload massive pics then your'll have no problems,

Thanks for that but that's not the problem, the reason they're not enlarging at present as is I have the big images contr installed but no second images.

My problem lies with the intial thumbnails. For instance,if the thumnails are sized at 100 x 80 but I enlarge them to 180 x 180 it throws the whole site out. If you don't understand what I'm geting at I can make it happen live.

Your template is using a central text area which is roughly 500 pixels wide. If you have 3 thumbnails side by side, this is a combinedd width of 540 pixels, with no space between the images. This will therefore throw your design out. As long as you have a fixed width site, you have to work inside your parameters. With your current design, you have a maximum thumbnail width of roughly 155 pixels which should leave a gap between ech image and retain the look of your site. If your thumbnails need to be wider than this, you will have to amend your template/layout to a wider width or remove either your left or right column.

Please note - if I have suggested a contrib above, it doesnt mean it will work! Most of the contribs are not ones I've used, but may be useful for your particular problem....

Have you tried a refined search? Chances are your problem has already been dealt with elsewhere on the forums.....

if (stumped == true) {

return(square_one($start_over)

} else {

$random_query = tep_fetch_answer($forum_query)

}

:thumbsup: Happy to help!

Please note - if I have suggested a contrib above, it doesnt mean it will work! Most of the contribs are not ones I've used, but may be useful for your particular problem....

Have you tried a refined search? Chances are your problem has already been dealt with elsewhere on the forums.....

if (stumped == true) {

return(square_one($start_over)

} else {

$random_query = tep_fetch_answer($forum_query)

}

exactly the same problem I am having!

I hope someone finds an answer for this problem, it's driving me crazy!!!

Elaine

Thanks

Nathan

www.crazyskins.com

"There are only 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who don't. "

Archived