• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Using seperate images

myideal

Hi all,

Ive got problems with the images on my site (ww.my-ideal.com) as I want the product page to show the full size image without the pop up window, however the thumb nails go too big when I change the size settings to make the product page image larger (hope your following). :-"

So what I want to know is if there is any way of uploading all my thumb nails into a seperate folder in the correct size and then oscommerce just uses them to display as thumbs and my other picture on the produce page can be much larger.

Otherwise is there any way of removing the popup image box and JUST making the product page image larger?

All help would be great as so far im finding it very hard to get my head around this image problem.

Regards,

Mark

There is a simple contribution for thumbnailers On the fly Thumbnailer it uses the origonal pictures when you click to enlarge. You dont have to create thumbnails it automatically does it. very sweet....

Hi all,

Ive got problems with the images on my site (ww.my-ideal.com) as I want the product page to show the full size image without the pop up window, however the thumb nails go too big when I change the size settings to make the product page image larger (hope your following).  :-"

So what I want to know is if there is any way of uploading all my thumb nails into a seperate folder in the correct size and then oscommerce just uses them to display as thumbs and my other picture on the produce page can be much larger.

Otherwise is there any way of removing the popup image box and JUST making the product page image larger?

All help would be great as so far im finding it very hard to get my head around this image problem.

Regards,

Mark

easy way..

make a big image folder, and ftp upload your big size images there..

(in the standard upload use thumb size images)

In product_image.php change the picture path and the picture size parameters.

If you do this you will have small size thumbs all through your site and a full size image in your product page.

Att..you might want to take away click to enlage in your product_info page too.....

easy way..

make a big image folder, and ftp upload your big size images there..

(in the standard upload use thumb size images)

In product_image.php change the picture path and the picture size parameters.

If you do this you will have small size thumbs all through your site and a full size image in your product page.

Att..you might want to take away click to enlage in your product_info page too.....

where exactly is this file located?

GEOTEX from Houston, TX

(George)

Ok I need help, this is the code im looking to change, however how do I set the image size that I want to use? as at the moment cose is picking up the PHP command.

Also am I right in thinking that I change the "DIR_WS_IMAGES" to "DIR_WS_largeIMAGES" if I have called my folder large images?

uct_info['products_image']) . '" target="_blank">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image'], $product_info['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'hspace="5" vspace="5"') . '<br>' . TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE . '</a>';

Thanks in advance for the help.

Mark

Ok I need help, this is the code im looking to change, however how do I set the image size that I want to use? as at the moment cose is picking up the PHP command.

Also am I right in thinking that I change the "DIR_WS_IMAGES" to "DIR_WS_largeIMAGES" if I have called my folder large images?

uct_info['products_image']) . '" target="_blank">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image'], $product_info['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'hspace="5" vspace="5"') . '<br>' . TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE . '</a>';

Thanks in advance for the help.

Mark

The size is being picked up from this:

SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT

You can change it by hardcoding the new size.

Hi I have changed the code to the following, however it does not appear to be working, can you spot any basic errors im making with the hard coding?

<?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image']) . '" target="_blank">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image'], $product_info['products_name'], 'width="260px" height="260px" hspace="5" vspace="5"') . '<br>' . TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE . '</a>'; ?>

I assue this is the right place to make the coding changes as well? :huh:

Hi I have changed the code to the following, however it does not appear to be working, can you spot any basic errors im making with the hard coding?

<?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image']) . '" target="_blank">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image'], $product_info['products_name'], 'width="260px" height="260px" hspace="5" vspace="5"') . '<br>' . TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE . '</a>'; ?>

I assue this is the right place to make the coding changes as well?  :huh:

Only the numbers go in. ie: $product_info['products_name'], 260, 260, hspace="5" vspace="5"'

The reason is that you are calling a function that has been properly written to accept width and height, and format the string correctly to display the picture. The tep_image function will auto automatically proportion the size of your image if you only supply one or no sizes.

hth

GEOTEX from Houston, TX

(George)

Archived