• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal not charging S/H costs!

HI I am having a big problem with my install of OScommerce (2.2). For some reason the PayPal module is not working right. When Oscommerce sends the order to paypal for payment, it is not sending the correct amount. For SOME reason, it is not sending the cost of the Shipping/Handeling fee. It however, does send the tax. Here is an example order:

Sub-Total: $40.00

Per Item (Best Way): $3.95

MI TAX 6%: $2.40

Total: $46.35

PayPal SHOULD be charging $46.35, however, it only wants to charge 42.40 (not charging S/H. Only charging Tax).

Does anyone know how to fix this? It's not making sense to me.

My website is GiftsForGrabs.com. Try placing a fake/sample order yourself and you will see what I mean. Thanks!

Which paypal module are you using?

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

HI I am having a big problem with my install of OScommerce (2.2).  For some reason the PayPal module is not working right.  When Oscommerce sends the order to paypal for payment, it is not sending the correct amount.  For SOME reason, it is not sending the cost of the Shipping/Handeling fee.  It however, does send the tax.  Here is an example order:

Sub-Total: $40.00

Per Item (Best Way): $3.95

MI TAX 6%: $2.40

Total: $46.35

PayPal SHOULD be charging $46.35, however, it only wants to charge 42.40 (not charging S/H. Only charging Tax).

Does anyone know how to fix this?  It's not making sense to me.

My website is GiftsForGrabs.com.  Try placing a fake/sample order yourself and you will see what I mean.  Thanks!

I may be wrong, but i think your problem lies in the way your paypal account is set up. I seem to remember that i had to login to my paypal account and alter some of the settings. What these were and what i changed them to i cannot remember. Login to your account, and click on profile. In the right hand colunm there is something to do with shipping costs. Click that, go to the bottom of the page and ensure that override profile settings is checked.

I think this is what i did. Hope this helps you if it is right.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

I may be wrong, but i think your problem lies in the way your paypal account is set up.  I seem to remember that i had to login to my paypal account and alter some of the settings.  What these were and what i changed them to i cannot remember.  Login to your account, and click on profile.  In the right hand colunm there is something to do with shipping costs.  Click that, go to the bottom of the page and ensure that override profile settings is checked.

I think this is what i did.  Hope this helps you if it is right.

I will give that a try. Ozcys, I am using the default paypal module that came with Oscommerce.

I will give that a try.  Ozcys, I am using the default paypal module that came with Oscommerce.

You really should install a ipn module.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Archived