• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PLEASE HELP!!!

hayesb2

All I need to know is how to get ONLY the "Search Text Box" and "Submit Button" to appear WITHOUT the box graphic or anything else.

This is kind of urgent. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Hi there, to remove the heading you remove the line

new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents, false, false);

as for the image try removing tep_image_submit('button_quick_find.gif',

Backup your files first, as im not 100% sure :)

Hope this helps

This is mine, notice I am using the search in descriptions contrib so modify it, add it, of it you already have good job. I dont guarantee this to work as its directly from what I've done.

<?php
/*
 $Id: search.php,v 1.22 2003/02/10 22:31:05 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/
?>
<!-- search //-->
         <tr>
           <td>
<?php
 $info_box_contents = array();
//  $info_box_contents[] = array('text' => BOX_HEADING_SEARCH);

//  new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents, false, false);

$info_box_contents[] = array('form' => tep_draw_form('quick_find', tep_href_link(FILENAME_ADVANCED_SEARCH_RESULT, '', 'NONSSL', false), 'get'),
                              'align' => 'center',
                              'text' => '<input type="hidden" name="search_in_description" value="1">' . tep_draw_input_field('keywords', '', 'size="10" maxlength="30"
style="width: ' . (BOX_WIDTH-30) . 'px"') . ' ' . tep_hide_session_id() .
'<br>' . tep_image_submit('button_quick_find.gif', BOX_HEADING_SEARCH) . '<br>');

new infoBox($info_box_contents);
?>
           </td>
         </tr>
<!-- search_eof //-->

Good luck and next time make your post title closer to what you need.

Kenneth S

--------------

Customer "Are you a real programmer?"

Me "No, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night"

This is the code for my search. Without the text below the box.

<?php
/*
 $Id: search.php,v 1.22 2003/02/10 22:31:05 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/
?>
<!-- search //-->
<tr><td class="main">
<?php
 $info_box_contents[] = array('form' => tep_draw_form('quick_find', tep_href_link(FILENAME_ADVANCED_SEARCH_RESULT, '', 'NONSSL', false), 'get'),
                              'align' => 'center',
                              'text' => 'Use keywords to search our site.<br>' . tep_draw_input_field('keywords', '', 'size="10" maxlength="100" style="width:155px" class="field"') . ' ' . tep_hide_session_id() . tep_image_submit('button_quick_find.gif', BOX_HEADING_SEARCH));

new infoBox($info_box_contents);
?></td></tr>
<!-- search_eof //-->

if you want to get rid of the text above just remove

Use keywords to search our site.<br>' .

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

This is the code for my search. Without the text below the box.

<?php
/*
?$Id: search.php,v 1.22 2003/02/10 22:31:05 hpdl Exp $

?osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
?http://www.oscommerce.com

?Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

?Released under the GNU General Public License
*/
?>
<!-- search //-->
<tr><td class="main">
<?php
?$info_box_contents = array();
?$info_box_contents[] = array('form' => tep_draw_form('quick_find', tep_href_link(FILENAME_ADVANCED_SEARCH_RESULT, '', 'NONSSL', false), 'get'),
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? 'align' => 'center',
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? 'text' => 'Use keywords to search our site.<br>' . tep_draw_input_field('keywords', '', 'size="10" maxlength="100" style="width:155px" class="field"') . ' ' . tep_hide_session_id() . tep_image_submit('button_quick_find.gif', BOX_HEADING_SEARCH));

?new infoBox($info_box_contents);
?></td></tr>
<!-- search_eof //-->

if you want to get rid of the text above just remove

Use keywords to search our site.<br>' .

Unfortunately, none of that worked. I currently have my Search in my header.php

Here is my Search code -

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr class="header">

<td width="67%">

<div id="holder"><div id="innerholder">

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr class="header">

<td align="center" valign="middle"><?php require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'search.php'); ?> </td>

<td align="right" valign="middle" width="553px"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'oscommerce.gif', 'osCommerce') . '</a>'; ?></td>

</tr>

</table>

Its currently showing the search in a big box. I want it to ONLY have the "text field" and the button. Nothing else!

This seems easy, but I cannot figure it out!!

Its showing in the box because it is defined as an infoBox. To show it outside of the infoBox, you need to either disable the box on all your infoboxes, or define this partciular function sperately. * Solicitation. if you want some pointers. (see my profile for the addy)

Please note - if I have suggested a contrib above, it doesnt mean it will work! Most of the contribs are not ones I've used, but may be useful for your particular problem....

Have you tried a refined search? Chances are your problem has already been dealt with elsewhere on the forums.....

if (stumped == true) {

return(square_one($start_over)

} else {

$random_query = tep_fetch_answer($forum_query)

}

I know this is probably easy to do, I just dont know enought about PHP to do it myself.

You may send your $10.00 donation to help support the osCommerce team, and post the receipt in this column.

<td class="brdCrumb" nowrap> <?php
echo tep_draw_form('quick_find', tep_href_link(FILENAME_ADVANCED_SEARCH_RESULT, '', 'NONSSL', false), 'get');

echo tep_draw_input_field('keywords', BOX_HEADING_SEARCH, 'size="10" maxlength="30" style="width: ' . (BOX_WIDTH-30) . 'px"') . ' ' . tep_hide_session_id();
 ?>
<INPUT type=hidden value=1 name=search_in_description>
<?php
echo tep_image_submit('button_quick_find.gif', BOX_HEADING_SEARCH);
echo '</form>';
?></td>

This code will also search your product descriptions, which makes it much more useful than any of the code posted in this column. Thanks for the code goes to past contrubutors to this wonderful help forum

GEOTEX from Houston, TX

(George)

You may send your $10.00 donation to help support the osCommerce team, and post the receipt in this column.

<td class="brdCrumb" nowrap> <?php
echo tep_draw_form('quick_find', tep_href_link(FILENAME_ADVANCED_SEARCH_RESULT, '', 'NONSSL', false), 'get');

echo tep_draw_input_field('keywords', BOX_HEADING_SEARCH, 'size="10" maxlength="30" style="width: ' . (BOX_WIDTH-30) . 'px"') . ' ' . tep_hide_session_id();
??>
<INPUT type=hidden value=1 name=search_in_description>
<?php
echo tep_image_submit('button_quick_find.gif', BOX_HEADING_SEARCH);
echo '</form>';
?></td>

This code will also search your product descriptions, which makes it much more useful than any of the code posted in this column. Thanks for the code goes to past contrubutors to this wonderful help forum

I wasnt aware about the contribution rules. Sorry...Anyways all I am wanting is to include the search function into my website header. I already designed the header, and I've got the html table defined. I just need to insert the OSC Search code but without the infobox. Everything I has tried isnt working. I only want the text field and button.

Please if anyone can help PM me or reply.

Thanks.

I wasnt aware about the contribution rules. Sorry...Anyways all I am wanting is to include the search function into my website header. I already designed the header, and I've got the html table defined. I just need to insert the OSC Search code but without the infobox. Everything I has tried isnt working. I only want the text field and button.

Please if anyone can help PM me or reply.

Thanks.

I just gave you the code. modify the html tags to fit it where you want.

And leave a donation for the team.

you can see the display at http://www.designerdogregistry.com in or out of the catalog pages.

GEOTEX from Houston, TX

(George)

Archived