• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Confused right off the bat

I downloaded the file to my computer and unzipped it, then I loaded that file to my server. When I type in www.truefashions.com/oscommerce

I get

Index of /oscommerce

Name Last modified Size Description

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Parent Directory 17-May-2005 17:19 -

oscommerce-2.2ms2.zip 17-May-2005 17:28 1.4M

oscommerce-2.2ms2/ 17-May-2005 17:19 -

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

JT

From what I see, you uploaded the entire oscommerce-2.2ms2 folder to the server. You need to only upload the catalog folder within this folder. (or only the files in the catalog. the difference is www.mydomain.com/oscommerce/catalog www.mydomain.com/oscommerce)

Then type www.truefashions.com/oscommerce/install (or www.truefashions.com/oscommerce/catalog/install ) and you're on your way installing.

Forum search

Contributions search

Documentation search (note: docs being adapted for MS3, may be different for MS2)

3 tips for better forum searching

Want to post? Read this first:

osCommerce for dummies

Topic name etiquette

Basics:

Basics for design

Right syntax to use near '-20, 20'

Cannot re-assign $this

Parse error

From what I see, you uploaded the entire oscommerce-2.2ms2 folder to the server. You need to only upload the catalog folder within this folder. (or only the files in the catalog. the difference is www.mydomain.com/oscommerce/catalog www.mydomain.com/oscommerce)

Then type www.truefashions.com/oscommerce/install (or www.truefashions.com/oscommerce/catalog/install ) and you're on your way installing.

Hello Eva,

I am at the first steps of installation as well.

I uploaded the catalag to the public_html dir.

I set the permissions and went to my browser www.spieluhrdesign.com/catalog/install but I get a message that the page cannot be found!

Any ideas??

Thx!

Vag - this is the error message I get:

The requested URL http:// was not found on this server.

This indicates that your server is not correctly set up.

Vger

Vag - this is the error message I get:

The requested URL http:// was not found on this server.

This indicates that your server is not correctly set up.

Vger

Vger, thanks for the reply.

Is this something that my web hosting provider must setup or is it something that I need to change in my configure.php files?

Thanks in advance

This is most definitey something that your web hosting provider needs to sort out.

The error relates to not being able to find http:// - which means any website.

Vger

This is most definitey something that your web hosting provider needs to sort out.

The error relates to not being able to find http:// - which means any website.

Vger

Vger,

I have registered the domain name through yahoo. My web host is rhp. They asked for the domain name I had a username and password which I gave and they set it up.

When I point to www.spieluhrdesign.com a page is displayed saying that site is under construction, which is an automated page by YAHOO. However, this page doesntexist in me web hosting space! So I think you are right, they must have done something wrong, because it would make sense that when I goto www.spieluhrdesign.com the yahho page shouldnt exist(?).

Thanks

Sounds like the domain has not been repointed from Yahoo to your hosts dns addresses.

Vger

Hello again!

You are right! I figured it out 5 minutes ago!

However, I could really use a bit more of your help....

I changed the DNS to reflect my web host nameservers.

But I suppose that I need also change the A and CNAME Recordes as well as the MX Records. Any idea on what I should put there?

THANKS a lot!!!

Archived