• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Parse error

fitnessa

I've been trying to figure out where my error is, and can't find it. Please help. The message I get is: Parse error: parse error, unexpected '?' in /home/fitnessa/public_html/osCommerce/catalog/includes/languages/english/index.php on line 14

What does unexpected '?' mean? Can you help me find the error please? :'(

Thank you for your help.

<?php

/*

$Id: index.php,v 1.1 2003/06/11 17:38:00 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

define('TEXT_MAIN', 'Your personal information will always be kept completely confidential, and will at NO TIME be sold to anyone for any reason! <br><br>Welcome to Fitness and Health 4 Life. We are currently under construction, so please check back soon.<br><br><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="5" cellpadding="2"><tr><td class="main" valign="top">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'Boy-on-GC.jpg') . '</td><td class="main" valign="top"><font color="#f0000"><b>SPECIAL! $250.00</b></font><br><br>Check out our GamerCycle in the <br>Youth Fitness Category! <br><br>This unique "video game console" will make exercising FUN for your kids.</td></tr><td class="main" valign="top">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'smgym.jpg') . '</td><td class="main" valign="top"><b>FITNESS EQUIPMENT</b><br><br>We have one of the BEST selections<br>of fitness equipment on the net! <br><br></td></tr><tr><td class="main" valign="top">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'bottle and fruit.jpg') . '   ' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'mangosteen.jpg') . '</td><td class="main" valign="top"><b>All Natural Health and Wellness Products</b><br><br>From the well-known to the un-known, we have some of the best nutritional products available.</td></tr><tr><td class="main" valign="top">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . '5star.jpg'). ' </TD><TD class=main valign="top"><B>Automotive Shine and Gas Saving Products</B><BR><BR>Never wax your car again! 5 Star Shine lasts 5 years, and gives your car finish the beauty and protection it deserves!<A href="http://www.5starshine.com/cgi-bin/at.cgi?a=308414" target=_blank><U>CLICK HERE to go to the 5 Star Shine Web Site</U></A>.

<BR><BR>Learn how to save on gas and help the environment, while keeping your engine clean, running more smoothly and nearly emmissions free! <A href="http://extreme.myextremeresearch.com/128k/enviromax.asp" target=_blank><U>CLICK HERE to go to the Enviromax Web Site.</U></A>'); define('TABLE_HEADING_NEW_PRODUCTS', 'New Products For %s'); define('TABLE_HEADING_UPCOMING_PRODUCTS', 'Upcoming Products'); define('TABLE_HEADING_DATE_EXPECTED', 'Date Expected'); if ( ($category_depth == 'products') || (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) ) { define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Click on a Product For More Information'); define('TABLE_HEADING_IMAGE', ''); define('TABLE_HEADING_MODEL', 'Model'); define('TABLE_HEADING_PRODUCTS', 'Product Name'); define('TABLE_HEADING_MANUFACTURER', 'Manufacturer'); define('TABLE_HEADING_QUANTITY', 'Quantity'); define('TABLE_HEADING_PRICE', 'Price'); define('TABLE_HEADING_WEIGHT', 'Weight'); define('TABLE_HEADING_BUY_NOW', 'Buy Now'); define('TEXT_NO_PRODUCTS', 'There are no products to list in this category.'); define('TEXT_NO_PRODUCTS2', 'There is no product available from this manufacturer.'); define('TEXT_NUMBER_OF_PRODUCTS', 'Number of Products: '); define('TEXT_SHOW', '<B>Show:</B>'); define('TEXT_BUY', 'Buy 1 \''); define('TEXT_NOW', '\' now'); define('TEXT_ALL_CATEGORIES', 'All Categories'); define('TEXT_ALL_MANUFACTURERS', 'All Manufacturers'); } elseif ($category_depth == 'top') { define('HEADING_TITLE', 'What\'s New Here? Click on a Category on the Left and See!'); } elseif ($category_depth == 'nested') { define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Categories'); } ?> </body>

If you are copy/pasting HTML into the TEXT_MAIN define, then you'll need to make sure that you have "escaped" all the single quotes. (i.e. 'Boy-on-GC.jpg' should be \'Boy-on-GC.jpg\').

HTH

Tom

Try re-posting your code inside the "Code" tags and it will be easier for us to figure it out.

"People tell me I have an inferiority complex. They must be right; after all, they are all smarter than me."

If you are copy/pasting HTML into the TEXT_MAIN define, then you'll need to make sure that you have "escaped" all the single quotes. (i.e. 'Boy-on-GC.jpg' should be \'Boy-on-GC.jpg\').

HTH

Tom

Thank you very much for your reply. I did as you said, and got a new error:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected '=', expecting ')' in /home/fitnessa/public_html/osCommerce/catalog/index.php on line 114

Any ideas on that? Thanks again. Here is my new code:

<?php
/*
 $Id: index.php,v 1.1 2003/06/11 17:38:00 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

define('TEXT_MAIN', 'Your personal information will always be kept completely confidential, and will at NO TIME be sold to anyone for any reason!  <br><br>Welcome to Fitness and Health 4 Life.  We are currently under construction, so please check back soon.<br><br><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="5" cellpadding="2"><tr><td class="main" valign="top">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . \'Boy-on-GC.jpg\') . '</td><td class="main" valign="top"><font color="#f0000"><b>SPECIAL! $250.00</b></font><br><br>Check out our GamerCycle in the <br>Youth Fitness Category! <br><br>This unique "video game console" will make exercising FUN for your kids.</td></tr><td class="main" valign="top">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . \'smgym.jpg\') . '</td><td class="main" valign="top"><b>FITNESS EQUIPMENT</b><br><br>We have one of the BEST selections<br>of fitness equipment on the net! <br><br></td></tr><tr><td class="main" valign="top">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . \'bottle and fruit.jpg\') . '   ' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . \'mangosteen.jpg\') . '</td><td class="main" valign="top"><b>All Natural Health and Wellness Products</b><br><br>From the well-known to the un-known, we have some of the best nutritional products available.</td></tr><tr><td class="main" valign="top">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . \'5star.jpg\'). ' </TD><TD class="main" valign="top"><B>Automotive Shine and Gas Saving Products</B><BR><BR>Never wax your car again! 5 Star Shine lasts 5 years, and gives your car finish the beauty and protection it deserves!<A href="http://www.5starshine.com/cgi-bin/at.cgi?a=308414" target=_blank><U>CLICK HERE to go to the 5 Star Shine Web Site</U></A>.
<BR><BR>Learn how to save on gas and help the environment, while keeping your engine clean, running more smoothly and nearly emmissions free! <A href="http://extreme.myextremeresearch.com/128k/enviromax.asp" target=_blank><U>CLICK HERE to go to the Enviromax Web Site.</U></A> '); define('TABLE_HEADING_NEW_PRODUCTS', 'New Products For %s'); define('TABLE_HEADING_UPCOMING_PRODUCTS', 'Upcoming Products'); define('TABLE_HEADING_DATE_EXPECTED', 'Date Expected'); if ( ($category_depth == 'products') || (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) ) { define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Click on a Product For More Information'); define('TABLE_HEADING_IMAGE', ''); define('TABLE_HEADING_MODEL', 'Model'); define('TABLE_HEADING_PRODUCTS', 'Product Name'); define('TABLE_HEADING_MANUFACTURER', 'Manufacturer'); define('TABLE_HEADING_QUANTITY', 'Quantity'); define('TABLE_HEADING_PRICE', 'Price'); define('TABLE_HEADING_WEIGHT', 'Weight'); define('TABLE_HEADING_BUY_NOW', 'Buy Now'); define('TEXT_NO_PRODUCTS', 'There are no products to list in this category.'); define('TEXT_NO_PRODUCTS2', 'There is no product available from this manufacturer.'); define('TEXT_NUMBER_OF_PRODUCTS', 'Number of Products: '); define('TEXT_SHOW', '<B>Show:</B>'); define('TEXT_BUY', 'Buy 1 \''); define('TEXT_NOW', '\' now'); define('TEXT_ALL_CATEGORIES', 'All Categories'); define('TEXT_ALL_MANUFACTURERS', 'All Manufacturers'); } elseif ($category_depth == 'top') { define('HEADING_TITLE', 'What\'s New Here? Click on a Category on the Left and See!'); } elseif ($category_depth == 'nested') { define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Categories'); } ?> </body>

Please help me, I am still getting this error:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected '=', expecting ')' in /home/fitnessa/public_html/osCommerce/catalog/index.php on line 114

This is even after adding </td></tr></table> before the '); define

I thought maybe that was my problem, but it wasn't. I really need to get this fixed. PLEASE HELP! Thanks again. Here is my new code:

<?php
/*
?$Id: index.php,v 1.1 2003/06/11 17:38:00 hpdl Exp $

?osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
?http://www.oscommerce.com

?Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

?Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

define('TEXT_MAIN', 'Your personal information will always be kept completely confidential, and will at NO TIME be sold to anyone for any reason! ?<br><br>Welcome to Fitness and Health 4 Life. ?We are currently under construction, so please check back soon.<br><br><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="5" cellpadding="2"><tr><td class="main" valign="top">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . \'Boy-on-GC.jpg\') . '</td><td class="main" valign="top"><font color="#f0000"><b>SPECIAL! $250.00</b></font><br><br>Check out our GamerCycle in the <br>Youth Fitness Category! <br><br>This unique "video game console" will make exercising FUN for your kids.</td></tr><td class="main" valign="top">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . \'smgym.jpg\') . '</td><td class="main" valign="top"><b>FITNESS EQUIPMENT</b><br><br>We have one of the BEST selections<br>of fitness equipment on the net! <br><br></td></tr><tr><td class="main" valign="top">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . \'bottle and fruit.jpg\') . '   ' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . \'mangosteen.jpg\') . '</td><td class="main" valign="top"><b>All Natural Health and Wellness Products</b><br><br>From the well-known to the un-known, we have some of the best nutritional products available.</td></tr><tr><td class="main" valign="top">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . \'5star.jpg\'). ' </TD><TD class="main" valign="top"><B>Automotive Shine and Gas Saving Products</B><BR><BR>Never wax your car again! 5 Star Shine lasts 5 years, and gives your car finish the beauty and protection it deserves!<A href="http://www.5starshine.com/cgi-bin/at.cgi?a=308414" target=_blank><U>CLICK HERE to go to the 5 Star Shine Web Site</U></A>.
<BR><BR>Learn how to save on gas and help the environment, while keeping your engine clean, running more smoothly and nearly emmissions free! <A href="http://extreme.myextremeresearch.com/128k/enviromax.asp" target=_blank><U>CLICK HERE to go to the Enviromax Web Site.</U></A></td></tr></table> '); define('TABLE_HEADING_NEW_PRODUCTS', 'New Products For %s'); define('TABLE_HEADING_UPCOMING_PRODUCTS', 'Upcoming Products'); define('TABLE_HEADING_DATE_EXPECTED', 'Date Expected'); if ( ($category_depth == 'products') || (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) ) { define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Click on a Product For More Information'); define('TABLE_HEADING_IMAGE', ''); define('TABLE_HEADING_MODEL', 'Model'); define('TABLE_HEADING_PRODUCTS', 'Product Name'); define('TABLE_HEADING_MANUFACTURER', 'Manufacturer'); define('TABLE_HEADING_QUANTITY', 'Quantity'); define('TABLE_HEADING_PRICE', 'Price'); define('TABLE_HEADING_WEIGHT', 'Weight'); define('TABLE_HEADING_BUY_NOW', 'Buy Now'); define('TEXT_NO_PRODUCTS', 'There are no products to list in this category.'); define('TEXT_NO_PRODUCTS2', 'There is no product available from this manufacturer.'); define('TEXT_NUMBER_OF_PRODUCTS', 'Number of Products: '); define('TEXT_SHOW', '<B>Show:</B>'); define('TEXT_BUY', 'Buy 1 \''); define('TEXT_NOW', '\' now'); define('TEXT_ALL_CATEGORIES', 'All Categories'); define('TEXT_ALL_MANUFACTURERS', 'All Manufacturers'); } elseif ($category_depth == 'top') { define('HEADING_TITLE', 'What\'s New Here? Click on a Category on the Left and See!'); } elseif ($category_depth == 'nested') { define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Categories'); } ?> </body>

This is your english language index.php... the error is saying on the index.php so can you paste that one here too?

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

This is your english language index.php... the error is saying on the index.php so can you paste that one here too?

Thank you for your help. Here is the code on index.php:

<!-- header //--><?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header.php'); ?><!-- header_eof //--><!-- body //-->
<TABLE cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0>
<TBODY>
<TR>
<TD vAlign=top width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>">
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" border=0><!-- left_navigation //--><?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_left.php'); ?><!-- left_navigation_eof //-->
<TBODY></TBODY></TABLE></TD><!-- body_text //--><?php
 if ($category_depth == 'nested') {
   $category_query = tep_db_query("select cd.categories_name, c.categories_image from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
   $category = tep_db_fetch_array($category_query);
?>
<TD vAlign=top width="100%">
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0>
<TBODY>
<TR>
<TD>
<TBODY>
<TR>
<TD class=pageHeading><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></TD>
<TD class=pageHeading align=right><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $category['categories_image'], $category['categories_name'], HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0>
<TBODY>
<TR>
<TD>
<TBODY>
<TR><?php
   if (isset($cPath) && strpos('_', $cPath)) {
// check to see if there are deeper categories within the current category
     $category_links = array_reverse($cPath_array);
     for($i=0, $n=sizeof($category_links); $i<$n; $i++) {
       $categories_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.parent_id = '" . (int)$category_links[$i] . "' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
       $categories = tep_db_fetch_array($categories_query);
       if ($categories['total'] < 1) {
         // do nothing, go through the loop
       } else {
         $categories_query = tep_db_query("select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, c.parent_id from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.parent_id = '" . (int)$category_links[$i] . "' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by sort_order, cd.categories_name");
         break; // we've found the deepest category the customer is in
       }
     }
   } else {
     $categories_query = tep_db_query("select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, c.parent_id from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.parent_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by sort_order, cd.categories_name");
   }

$number_of_categories = tep_db_num_rows($categories_query);

$rows = 0;
   while ($categories = tep_db_fetch_array($categories_query)) {
     $rows++;
     $cPath_new = tep_get_path($categories['categories_id']);
     $width = (int)(100 / MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW) . '%';
     echo '                <td align="center" class="smallText" width="' . $width . '" valign="top"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $cPath_new) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $categories['categories_image'], $categories['categories_name'], SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_WIDTH, SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '<br>' . $categories['categories_name'] . '</a></td>' . "\n";
     if ((($rows / MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW) == floor($rows / MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW)) && ($rows != $number_of_categories)) {
       echo '              </tr>' . "\n";
       echo '              <tr>' . "\n";
     }
   }

// needed for the new products module shown below
   $new_products_category_id = $current_category_id;
?></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><?php
 } elseif ($category_depth == 'products' || isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) {
// create column list
   $define_list = array('PRODUCT_LIST_MODEL' =>PRODUCT_LIST_MODEL, 'PRODUCT_LIST_NAME' => PRODUCT_LIST_NAME, 'PRODUCT_LIST_MANUFACTURER' => PRODUCT_LIST_MANUFACTURER, 'PRODUCT_LIST_PRICE' => PRODUCT_LIST_PRICE, 'PRODUCT_LIST_QUANTITY' => PRODUCT_LIST_QUANTITY, 'PRODUCT_LIST_WEIGHT' => PRODUCT_LIST_WEIGHT, 'PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE' => PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE, 'PRODUCT_LIST_BUY_NOW' => PRODUCT_LIST_BUY_NOW); asort($define_list); $column_list = array(); reset($define_list); while (list($key, $value) = each($define_list)) { if ($value > 0) $column_list[] = $key; } $select_column_list = ''; for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($column_list); $i<$n; $i++) { switch ($column_list[$i]) { case 'PRODUCT_LIST_MODEL': $select_column_list .= 'p.products_model, '; break; case 'PRODUCT_LIST_NAME': $select_column_list .= 'pd.products_name, '; break; case 'PRODUCT_LIST_MANUFACTURER': $select_column_list .= 'm.manufacturers_name, '; break; case 'PRODUCT_LIST_QUANTITY': $select_column_list .= 'p.products_quantity, '; break; case 'PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE': $select_column_list .= 'p.products_image, '; break; case 'PRODUCT_LIST_WEIGHT': $select_column_list .= 'p.products_weight, '; break; } } // show the products of a specified manufacturer if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) { if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'])) { // We are asked to show only a specific category $listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and m.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'] . "'"; } else { // We show them all $listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and m.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "'"; } } else { // show the products in a given categorie if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'])) { // We are asked to show only specific catgeory $listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and m.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'] . "' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'"; } else { // We show them all $listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'"; } } if ( (!isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'])) || (!ereg('[1-8][ad]', $HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'])) || (substr($HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'], 0, 1) > sizeof($column_list)) ) { for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($column_list); $i<$n; $i++) { if ($column_list[$i] == 'PRODUCT_LIST_NAME') { $HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'] = $i+1 . 'a'; $listing_sql .= " order by pd.products_name"; break; } } } else { $sort_col = substr($HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'], 0 , 1); $sort_order = substr($HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'], 1); $listing_sql .= ' order by '; switch ($column_list[$sort_col-1]) { case 'PRODUCT_LIST_MODEL': $listing_sql .= "p.products_model " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name"; break; case 'PRODUCT_LIST_NAME': $listing_sql .= "pd.products_name " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : ''); break; case 'PRODUCT_LIST_MANUFACTURER': $listing_sql .= "m.manufacturers_name " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name"; break; case 'PRODUCT_LIST_QUANTITY': $listing_sql .= "p.products_quantity " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name"; break; case 'PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE': $listing_sql .= "pd.products_name"; break; case 'PRODUCT_LIST_WEIGHT': $listing_sql .= "p.products_weight " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name"; break; case 'PRODUCT_LIST_PRICE': $listing_sql .= "final_price " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name"; break; } } ?> 
<TBODY>
<TR>
<TD>
<TBODY>
<TR>
<TD class=pageHeading><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></TD><?php
// optional Product List Filter
   if (PRODUCT_LIST_FILTER >0) { if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) { $filterlist_sql = "select distinct c.categories_id as id, cd.categories_name as name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = c.categories_id and p2c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "' order by cd.categories_name"; } else { $filterlist_sql= "select distinct m.manufacturers_id as id, m.manufacturers_name as name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m where p.products_status = '1' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' order by m.manufacturers_name"; } $filterlist_query = tep_db_query($filterlist_sql); if (tep_db_num_rows($filterlist_query) > 1) { echo ' 
<TD class=main align=middle>' . tep_draw_form('filter', FILENAME_DEFAULT, 'get') . TEXT_SHOW . ' '; if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) { echo tep_draw_hidden_field('manufacturers_id', $HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id']); $options = array(array('id' => '', 'text' => TEXT_ALL_CATEGORIES)); } else { echo tep_draw_hidden_field('cPath', $cPath); $options = array(array('id' => '', 'text' => TEXT_ALL_MANUFACTURERS)); } echo tep_draw_hidden_field('sort', $HTTP_GET_VARS['sort']); while ($filterlist = tep_db_fetch_array($filterlist_query)) { $options[] = array('id' => $filterlist['id'], 'text' => $filterlist['name']); } echo tep_draw_pull_down_menu('filter_id', $options, (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id']) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'] : ''), 'onchange="this.form.submit()"'); echo '</FORM></TD>' . "\n"; } } // Get the right image for the top-right $image = DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_list.gif'; if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) { $image = tep_db_query("select manufacturers_image from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " where manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "'"); $image = tep_db_fetch_array($image); $image = $image['manufacturers_image']; } elseif ($current_category_id) { $image = tep_db_query("select categories_image from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " where categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'"); $image = tep_db_fetch_array($image); $image = $image['categories_image']; } ?> 
<TD align=right><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $image, HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_PRODUCT_LISTING); ?></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><?php
 } else { // default page
?>
<TBODY>
<TR>
<TD>
<TBODY>
<TR>
<TD class=pageHeading align=right><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_default.gif', HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR>
<TR>
<TR>
<TD>
<TBODY>
<TR>
<TD class=main><?php echo tep_customer_greeting(); ?></TD></TR>
<TR>
<TR>
<TD class=main><?php echo TEXT_MAIN; ?></TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></TD></TR><?php
   include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_UPCOMING_PRODUCTS);
?></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><?php
 }
?><!-- body_text_eof //-->
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" border=0><!-- right_navigation //--><?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_right.php'); ?><!-- right_navigation_eof //-->
<TBODY></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- body_eof //--><!-- footer //--><?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'footer.php'); ?><!-- footer_eof //--><BR>

Thank you for your help.  Here is the code on index.php:

<!-- header //--><?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header.php'); ?><!-- header_eof //--><!-- body //-->
<TABLE cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0>
<TBODY>
<TR>
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" border=0><!-- left_navigation //--><?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_left.php'); ?><!-- left_navigation_eof //-->
<TBODY></TBODY></TABLE></TD><!-- body_text //--><?php
?if ($category_depth == 'nested') {
? ?$category_query = tep_db_query("select cd.categories_name, c.categories_image from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
? ?$category = tep_db_fetch_array($category_query);
?>
<TBODY>
<TR>
<TD>
<TBODY>
<TR>
<TD class=pageHeading align=right><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $category['categories_image'], $category['categories_name'], HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR>
<TR>
<TR>
<TD>
<TBODY>
<TR>
<TD>
<TBODY>
<TR><?php
? ?if (isset($cPath) && strpos('_', $cPath)) {
// check to see if there are deeper categories within the current category
? ? ?$category_links = array_reverse($cPath_array);
? ? ?for($i=0, $n=sizeof($category_links); $i<$n; $i++) {
? ? ? ?$categories_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.parent_id = '" . (int)$category_links[$i] . "' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
? ? ? ?$categories = tep_db_fetch_array($categories_query);
? ? ? ?if ($categories['total'] < 1) {
? ? ? ? ?// do nothing, go through the loop
? ? ? ?} else {
? ? ? ? ?$categories_query = tep_db_query("select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, c.parent_id from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.parent_id = '" . (int)$category_links[$i] . "' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by sort_order, cd.categories_name");
? ? ? ? ?break; // we've found the deepest category the customer is in
? ? ? ?}
? ? ?}
? ?} else {
? ? ?$categories_query = tep_db_query("select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, c.parent_id from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.parent_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by sort_order, cd.categories_name");
? ?}

? ?$number_of_categories = tep_db_num_rows($categories_query);

? ?$rows = 0;
? ?while ($categories = tep_db_fetch_array($categories_query)) {
? ? ?$rows++;
? ? ?$cPath_new = tep_get_path($categories['categories_id']);
? ? ?$width = (int)(100 / MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW) . '%';
? ? ?echo ' ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?<td align="center" class="smallText" width="' . $width . '" valign="top"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $cPath_new) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $categories['categories_image'], $categories['categories_name'], SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_WIDTH, SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '<br>' . $categories['categories_name'] . '</a></td>' . "\n";
? ? ?if ((($rows / MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW) == floor($rows / MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW)) && ($rows != $number_of_categories)) {
? ? ? ?echo ' ? ? ? ? ? ? ?</tr>' . "\n";
? ? ? ?echo ' ? ? ? ? ? ? ?<tr>' . "\n";
? ? ?}
? ?}

// needed for the new products module shown below
? ?$new_products_category_id = $current_category_id;
?></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><?php
?} elseif ($category_depth == 'products' || isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) {
// create column list
? ?$define_list = array('PRODUCT_LIST_MODEL' =>PRODUCT_LIST_MODEL, 'PRODUCT_LIST_NAME' => PRODUCT_LIST_NAME, 'PRODUCT_LIST_MANUFACTURER' => PRODUCT_LIST_MANUFACTURER, 'PRODUCT_LIST_PRICE' => PRODUCT_LIST_PRICE, 'PRODUCT_LIST_QUANTITY' => PRODUCT_LIST_QUANTITY, 'PRODUCT_LIST_WEIGHT' => PRODUCT_LIST_WEIGHT, 'PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE' => PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE, 'PRODUCT_LIST_BUY_NOW' => PRODUCT_LIST_BUY_NOW); asort($define_list); $column_list = array(); reset($define_list); while (list($key, $value) = each($define_list)) { if ($value > 0) $column_list[] = $key; } $select_column_list = ''; for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($column_list); $i<$n; $i++) { switch ($column_list[$i]) { case 'PRODUCT_LIST_MODEL': $select_column_list .= 'p.products_model, '; break; case 'PRODUCT_LIST_NAME': $select_column_list .= 'pd.products_name, '; break; case 'PRODUCT_LIST_MANUFACTURER': $select_column_list .= 'm.manufacturers_name, '; break; case 'PRODUCT_LIST_QUANTITY': $select_column_list .= 'p.products_quantity, '; break; case 'PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE': $select_column_list .= 'p.products_image, '; break; case 'PRODUCT_LIST_WEIGHT': $select_column_list .= 'p.products_weight, '; break; } } // show the products of a specified manufacturer if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) { if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'])) { // We are asked to show only a specific category $listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and m.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'] . "'"; } else { // We show them all $listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and m.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "'"; } } else { // show the products in a given categorie if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'])) { // We are asked to show only specific catgeory $listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and m.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'] . "' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'"; } else { // We show them all $listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'"; } } if ( (!isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'])) || (!ereg('[1-8][ad]', $HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'])) || (substr($HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'], 0, 1) > sizeof($column_list)) ) { for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($column_list); $i<$n; $i++) { if ($column_list[$i] == 'PRODUCT_LIST_NAME') { $HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'] = $i+1 . 'a'; $listing_sql .= " order by pd.products_name"; break; } } } else { $sort_col = substr($HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'], 0 , 1); $sort_order = substr($HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'], 1); $listing_sql .= ' order by '; switch ($column_list[$sort_col-1]) { case 'PRODUCT_LIST_MODEL': $listing_sql .= "p.products_model " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name"; break; case 'PRODUCT_LIST_NAME': $listing_sql .= "pd.products_name " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : ''); break; case 'PRODUCT_LIST_MANUFACTURER': $listing_sql .= "m.manufacturers_name " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name"; break; case 'PRODUCT_LIST_QUANTITY': $listing_sql .= "p.products_quantity " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name"; break; case 'PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE': $listing_sql .= "pd.products_name"; break; case 'PRODUCT_LIST_WEIGHT': $listing_sql .= "p.products_weight " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name"; break; case 'PRODUCT_LIST_PRICE': $listing_sql .= "final_price " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name"; break; } } ?> 
<TBODY>
<TR>
<TD>
<TBODY>
<TR>
<TD class=pageHeading><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></TD><?php
// optional Product List Filter
? ?if (PRODUCT_LIST_FILTER >0) { if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) { $filterlist_sql = "select distinct c.categories_id as id, cd.categories_name as name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = c.categories_id and p2c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "' order by cd.categories_name"; } else { $filterlist_sql= "select distinct m.manufacturers_id as id, m.manufacturers_name as name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m where p.products_status = '1' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' order by m.manufacturers_name"; } $filterlist_query = tep_db_query($filterlist_sql); if (tep_db_num_rows($filterlist_query) > 1) { echo ' 
<TD class=main align=middle>' . tep_draw_form('filter', FILENAME_DEFAULT, 'get') . TEXT_SHOW . ' '; if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) { echo tep_draw_hidden_field('manufacturers_id', $HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id']); $options = array(array('id' => '', 'text' => TEXT_ALL_CATEGORIES)); } else { echo tep_draw_hidden_field('cPath', $cPath); $options = array(array('id' => '', 'text' => TEXT_ALL_MANUFACTURERS)); } echo tep_draw_hidden_field('sort', $HTTP_GET_VARS['sort']); while ($filterlist = tep_db_fetch_array($filterlist_query)) { $options[] = array('id' => $filterlist['id'], 'text' => $filterlist['name']); } echo tep_draw_pull_down_menu('filter_id', $options, (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id']) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'] : ''), 'onchange="this.form.submit()"'); echo '</FORM></TD>' . "\n"; } } // Get the right image for the top-right $image = DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_list.gif'; if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) { $image = tep_db_query("select manufacturers_image from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " where manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "'"); $image = tep_db_fetch_array($image); $image = $image['manufacturers_image']; } elseif ($current_category_id) { $image = tep_db_query("select categories_image from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " where categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'"); $image = tep_db_fetch_array($image); $image = $image['categories_image']; } ?> 
<TD align=right><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $image, HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR>
<TR>
<TR>
<TD><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_PRODUCT_LISTING); ?></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><?php
?} else { // default page
?>
<TBODY>
<TR>
<TD>
<TBODY>
<TR>
<TD class=pageHeading align=right><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_default.gif', HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR>
<TR>
<TR>
<TD>
<TBODY>
<TR>
<TD class=main><?php echo tep_customer_greeting(); ?></TD></TR>
<TR>
<TR>
<TD class=main><?php echo TEXT_MAIN; ?></TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></TD></TR><?php
? ?include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_UPCOMING_PRODUCTS);
?></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><?php
?}
?><!-- body_text_eof //-->
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" border=0><!-- right_navigation //--><?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_right.php'); ?><!-- right_navigation_eof //-->
<TBODY></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- body_eof //--><!-- footer //--><?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'footer.php'); ?><!-- footer_eof //--><BR>

Archived