• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Paypal IPN 1.1 problem

I installed the osCommerce PayPal IPN Module v1.1 For 2.2MS2

and tested it with the Paypal sandbox. Everything worked fine.

I erased all the orders and changed the starting order number at 74.

When I changed to the live Paypal I get the following error from Paypal after I confirm my order in osCommerce.

This invoice has already been paid ...

The last Invoice id number in the Paypal history is no 24.

When I go in the administration area I have an order number 74 in my osCommerce store with a status of "Preparing Paypal IPN". under another customer ID.

When I go into the database using phpMyadmin I can see in the orders table all the orders that I can see in the oscommerce admin (Total of 4 orders -76,78,80 paid by check and 74 by Paypal ) PLUS 4 other orders (75, 77, 79, 81) which gave the Paypal invoice already paid error. This 4 orders don?t have any line items attached to them although they were items in the cart.

Please help. Is my database corrupted?

How can I get back to normal again ?

I reconfigured the Paypal contribution to act in test mode and use the sandbox and everything works fine but when I use the live Paypal account the problem persists. I conclude that my application or database is working properly.

What could be the problem ?

• 6 months later...
I reconfigured the Paypal contribution to act in test mode and use the sandbox and everything works fine but when I use the live Paypal account the problem persists. I conclude that my application or database is working properly.

What could be the problem ?

I had the same problem after deleting some test orders. Finally solved it by resetting the order-id.

Instructions are in the osCommerce Knowledge Base Tips and Tricks: Reset The Order ID Value. Just reset it to one number above your current highest order-id, and you should be good to go!

Hope this helps someone. It worked for me.

• 2 months later...
I had the same problem after deleting some test orders. Finally solved it by resetting the order-id.

Instructions are in the osCommerce Knowledge Base Tips and Tricks: Reset The Order ID Value. Just reset it to one number above your current highest order-id, and you should be good to go!

Hope this helps someone. It worked for me.

I have reset it,but still have problem,i think ,there will be every 3 ro 4 error detect from 10 order

I have tried deleting all orders, dumping all stored carts, resetting the order-id and I still get the "This invoice has already been paid" message with the IPN module. I switched back to the standard PayPal module and users are not always coming back to the site to finish the process, but then some orders have processed just fine.

Anyone got any other ideas why PayPal might be giving this message with the the osCommerce PayPal IPN Module v1.1 For 2.2MS2?

Edited by ATVUtah