• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to covert the "Manufacturers" box

NerioDavid

Hi, everybody,

I don't use the manufacturers function of the OSC, but i want to turn it into something else, sort of a second categories box with a "Shop By" on the headother. But first thing i think is there any way i can convert the manufactureres box's dropdown menu into some thing flat, like following site did:

http://www.thewebmakerscorner.com/snapmods_new/

the best way is to display the manufacturers box as the categories box.

if anyone know how to do it, please contact me.

thanks.

Hi, everybody,

I don't use the manufacturers function of the OSC, but i want to turn it into something else, sort of a second categories box with a "Shop By" on the headother. But first thing i think is there any way i can convert the manufactureres box's dropdown menu into some thing flat, like following site did:

http://www.thewebmakerscorner.com/snapmods_new/

the best way is to display the manufacturers box as the categories box.

if anyone know how to do it, please contact me.

thanks.

I always strongly advise against using/mis-using functionality for other things than it was intended for. It might work in a jiffy but most of the time strange things start happening after a few days and you will have no clue as to why.

So I would suggest to remove the manufacturers box and deploy a contribution which supports the "shop by" functionality. I am sure there is one.

Treasurer MFC

I always strongly advise against using/mis-using functionality for other things than it was intended for. It might work in a jiffy but most of the time strange things start happening after a few days and you will have no clue as to why.

So I would suggest to remove the manufacturers box and deploy a contribution which supports the "shop by" functionality. I am sure there is one.

Hi,

I spent much time to find a contribution which supports the "shop by" functionality. But I can't find. there is one can shop by price i think, but i need a new box which support define a different set of "categories".

You say you "sure there is one", would please tell me which one?

Again, do anybody know which contribution can turn the dropdown menu to a box. I think, even if I will not use the manufacturer functionality as something else, I will also like the box layout rather than the dropdown.

Thanks.

Hi,

I spent much time to find a contribution which supports the "shop by" functionality. But I can't find. there is one can shop by price i think, but i need a new box which support define a different set of "categories".

You say you "sure there is one", would please tell me which one?

Again, do anybody know which contribution can turn the dropdown menu to a box. I think, even if I will not use the manufacturer functionality as something else, I will also like the box layout rather than the dropdown.

Thanks.

all they did was to add the parameter "size=7" to their dropdown box.

that will cause the box to show 7 entries instead of the default 1.

Treasurer MFC

Archived