• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Install frustration

fiddlerb

hello all thanks in advance for advise as I am new to oscommerce...

I get the following error on the web install portion

Host '192.168.0.248' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server.. the weird thing is I get this error when I use my machine name,, but when use localhost as the database server I get a different error stating "Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client"

I am logging in as root... which works fine through mysqladmin command line.. what am I missing?

thanks!

b

Host '192.168.0.248' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server.. the weird thing is I get this error when I use my machine name,, but when use localhost as the database server I get a different error stating "Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client"

I am logging in as root... which works fine through mysqladmin command line.. what am I missing?

thanks!

b

Wild guess. You haven't given the user you set up permissions to connect? Try root if you have it.

Iggy

Everything's funny but nothing's a joke...

thanks!

b

and read some mysql literature, good for a solid night's sleep.

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/old-client.html

Treasurer MFC

Archived