• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

should i bother with ssl

dogmir

You dont need SSL if you are using paypal. Unless you are planning to use another payment method also (where users are required to entered Credit card info into your site)

You dont need SSL if you are using paypal. 

Quite right not needed - but for the sake of a few bucks - it offers many prospects re-assurance that may tip them into becoming customers.

2checkout used to insist on their merchant users having an SSL cert - I haven't used them for a while so I don't know if this is still true but there must have been a reason - have a guess :D

Charles

A kite flies highest AGAINST the wind !

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a lover in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming ~ WOO HOO!! What a ride!"

Agree with Charles--technically speaking an SSL cert is not necessary for Paypal. But you'll look more professional if you have one--the cert also secures your customer's account registration info--name, address, phone number, and email.

"Buy the ticket, take the ride..." -HST

Agree with Charles--technically speaking an SSL cert is not necessary for Paypal. But you'll look more professional if you have one--the cert also secures your customer's account registration info--name, address, phone number, and email.

I already had one person say that they wouldnt use my site if I didnt have ssl (I do have it) to protect their private information..

So I would definitely recommend having one.

I already had one person say that they wouldnt use my site  if I didnt have ssl (I do have it) to protect their private information..

So I would definitely recommend having one.

I agree, even if you offer paypal to your users, you may want to add authorize.net or some other form of payment later!

And yes, your customers will feel more secure knowing there login details are not going somewhere they dont want them to.

Personaly, I will not sign up with any store online that dont have a secure connections, reason, if they are too cheap to secure my data, then they realy cant be that good can they?

Archived