• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Tax One State

My store is in Arizona and I only need to tax Arizona residents. I have to tax the whole state and not just a certain city, BUT I do not want to tax the rest of the customers.

All of my products are, and always will be, taxable items, again, only to Arizona residents. Is there a way that I can tax someone from AZ but not someone from PA or NJ, etc?

Ugh I know there is a simple solution and I am just overlooking :blush:

Does your installation still have the default Florida Tax Zone? If so, try changing it to Arizona (you won't need Florida): first open the FLA folder and edit the zone inside. Then change the folder name itself (AZ?). Finally, under Tax Rates edit the Taxable Goods entry with your new Zone and Tax Rate.

Pretty sure that's the cheat I used on our CA tax zone setup, although that was a while back. :P

"Buy the ticket, take the ride..." -HST

My store is in Arizona and I only need to tax Arizona residents.  I have to tax the whole state and not just a certain city, BUT I do not want to tax the rest of the customers.

All of my products are, and always will be, taxable items, again, only to Arizona residents.  Is there a way that I can tax someone from AZ but not someone from PA or NJ, etc?

Ugh I know there is a simple solution and I am just overlooking  :blush:

I am having the same problem and the Florida Fix noted here did not help. Anyone else have any idea how to fix this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Go into your admin area and click on locations/taxes, then click on tax rates.

Now what I did was

1. set up a tax rate for Alabama and one for everyone else.

2. Set up a tax class (if it isnt there already)

3. Set up tax zones. One for Alabama, one for everyone else.

This worked for me so that the only people who are taxed are the people in my state. Probably not exactly how to do it but if you cant figure out anything else its worth giving a shot.

You can try reading this link http://www.oscommerce.info/kb/osCommerce_D...s/Tax_Rates/169 that is to the knowledgebase.

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

Archived