• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Link According to Regional Settings

Hello,

I have an OSC catalog up and running and it's all going well :D

You can't actually buy from the site, we have a distributor in each country around the world that we direct people to.

For places such as France, Germany etc this is really easy, we installed the language packs for these countries and put the buy now link in the description box for that specific language.

So now (for example) if the user is german, the buy now link goes to our german dealers website and if the user is french the buy now link goes to our french dealers website. neither user ever see the link to the other.

Here's the problem - if the user is english, american, irish, canadian, australian etc - I can't use this workaround because they all see the english language product info.

So, my question i'd be ever so greatful if anyone knows the answer to is...

Is there a string I can insert into the english product info that says if the regional settings are set to UK display this link, if the settings are USA display this link instead etc etc.

I guess this is what the language packs do in a sense, buy i'd rather not have o install language packs (or even create them) for all the English speaking countries of the world...

Help anyone? (hmm, I hope that made sense)

Thanks,

Rob..

Hello,

I have an OSC catalog up and running and it's all going well  :D

You can't actually buy from the site, we have a distributor in each country around the world that we direct people to.

For places such as France, Germany etc this is really easy, we installed the language packs for these countries and put the buy now link in the description box for that specific language.

So now (for example) if the user is german, the buy now link goes to our german dealers website and if the user is french the buy now link goes to our french dealers website.  neither user ever see the link to the other.

Here's the problem - if the user is english, american, irish, canadian, australian etc - I can't use this workaround because they all see the english language product info.

So, my question i'd be ever so greatful if anyone knows the answer to is...

Is there a string I can insert into the english product info that says if the regional settings are set to UK display this link, if the settings are USA display this link instead etc etc.

I guess this is what the language packs do in a sense, buy i'd rather not have o install language packs (or even create them) for all the English speaking countries of the world...

Help anyone?  (hmm, I hope that made sense)

Thanks,

Rob..

Have you looked at any of the affiliate contributions to see if you can adapt one to suit your needs?

GEOTEX from Houston, TX

(George)

Archived