• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

H E L P How do I install it?

Kool Chix

Hi,

I have just downloaded version 2.2 and am having problems installing it. All the files that have downloaded are not recognised by my computer, each time i click on them it asks me what I would like to open that file with? Someone please help, I am desperate to get my site up and running.

Cheers

Kerry

Hi,

I have just downloaded version 2.2 and am having problems installing it.  All the files that have downloaded are not recognised by my computer, each time i click on them it asks me what I would like to open that file with?  Someone please help, I am desperate to get my site up and running.

Cheers

Kerry

The OScommerce site is written in a programming language called PHP. (You will notice all the files have the extension '.php'). You can read and edit the files with a simple text editor and there are many freebies on the web. Notepad can be used to read the files, however, it has been known to introduce errors when the documents are saved so is not the best application for the job. You could try jEdit which is downloadable from http://www.jedit.org/.

You should also look at the Installation section in the documentation / knowledgebase. See the links at the top of this page.

-jared

Archived