• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Site Testing on a Local Server

Sierrab

So far So Good, although a bit of a struggle I am in the throes of building a shop selling mp3 and flac files. I am constructing it on my local server. I have installed the Download controller and all seems to be working but I need a way of persuading my set up that payment has been authorised, so that I can check the download.

I get to the final page of the shopping process OK but am left with the message

"NOTE: Downloads are not available until payment has been confirmed"

Is there a way around this?

Also is there alive shop selling MP3s in single and album format that anyone can point me to?

OSC is an awesome invention...I wish I had discovered it earlier

Thanks in advance

Steve

As a work around to test my site purely on a local host set up I have set the product price to zero which will allow me to use the Webmasters Corner CC. All works fine until I get to the final page where I can see the file ready for download but with no link so am unable to download!!

I have double checked the installation of the downloads controller files...they see to be OK.

Both the public and the download folders have read/write permissions. Any thoughts??

Steve

Having double checked the properties on the 2 folders I have found that they have reverted to having the "Read Only" box contain a grey tick....I have tried all the settings in Windows properties to clear the box but it keeps reverting to a grey tick in the Read Only box. I have allowed sharing etc....

How do I set these files to have the right attributes locally?

Ah the joys of taking a stab!!

Steve

Silly me!!

Found (a) fault in file naming.

At last the download button appears!!!!!!!!

However when I slick on the button and am prompted for Save As I only get the first word of the song with no file suffix.

It should read The Island.wma but I only get The

Any ideas out there

Steve

By adding an underscore to the file name.......all is well.

Just posting on the forum seems to do the trick, I just wait an hour or two and I find the solution!!

Onwards

Many thanks for the use of the space!!??

Steve

Archived