• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Feedback needed

We are looking for any fresh ideas you can give us to improve our website. It has taken us a while to get it how it is, and we feel that there is more we could do to it. We are open to as many new ideas as possible and would be greatful for your help. :thumbsup: Thank you in advance!

A1 PC's Online

look nice and clean, but not sure about the white, i would add a little colour.

The scroll bestseller box looks funny in white, but im no expert.

someone else might comment on the white if they like it or not?

good luck.

I think the white is ok, but you need some borders around stuff or something to break it up. My eyes don't know where to look because everything runs into each other. By the way this is looking at it in firefox. It looks good besides that though

We are looking for any fresh ideas you can give us to improve our website. It has taken us a while to get it how it is, and we feel that there is more we could do to it. We are open to as many new ideas as possible and would be greatful for your help. :thumbsup: Thank you in advance!

A1 PC's Online

ewwwwwww Okay I'm going to be brutally honest and say I don't like your store!

It's too much white, no break (borders) for the boxes, oh it's just not working for me.

You definitely need to put more obvious deliniation between page elements...

But then, why am I helping the competition? ;)

"People tell me I have an inferiority complex. They must be right; after all, they are all smarter than me."

wow- yeah you'd think all the white would make the store look cleaner, but in fact it looks like my kid randomly stuck stickers all over my computer screen.... :huh:

I think it does need to be broken up a little- it is a bit overwhelming with all the stuff in the foreground and well nothing in the background.

Also- all the scrolling stuff is making me sick. There are 2 scrolling boxes right under each other and it's making me seasick!

Get rid or reword the "would you like to log in yadda yadda"... and center it on the page. it's off balance since all the other stuff is centered.

You need a better logo/header. That one doesn't do much.

Your pages take forever to load on dialup. FOREVER.

Whats the "extras" box-- theres nothing there.

All orders will be delivered by royal mail through first class mail, either as standard delivery, recorded delivery of special delivery, depending on which one you choose at the checkout.

Of=or?????

All of our shipping fees are only based on the weight of your goods and packaging. We do not charge you for packing the goods.

We aim to dispatch products within 24 hours of your order being placed and also only when funds have been cleared.

You will receive an email to confirm that your goods have been dispatched and also the expected delivery date.

All that needs to be reworded. (and also... and also....)

If you are not completely satisfied with you product

You= Your

Good lord, did you proofread any of this??

10% or the products price to cover the costs of testing them

10% OF the products price...

Conditions of use... blah blah blah.. Really is that all necessary?? and who the heck is really going to read it... I'm sure as heck not.

Submit link in the links page is different button than all your others..

I think most importantly get some personality into your site and specifically your logo! As is it's functional and not aweful.. I just like to feel like there's more to the place I'm shopping from then their desire for my money.

Good luck!!

2 scrolling boxes? Gack. Get rid of them.

Your product pages are weird. Text all scrunched up on the left.

I prefer pastel colors but your site has too much white. Header is awful.

Thumbnails grainy and distorted (eg keyboard icon under peripherals)

White "block" background around images looks bad.

Stock icons need removing.

Nobody reads conditions of use, true, but it needs to stay, even though yours looks like a bad copy and paste job.

No images on links page?

Do you have SSL? If not, you need it.

Thank you all for your comments, if you look at our site again you will see that we are changing our website now. If there are any other ideas you have we will be really greatful as what you have said so far has helped us a lot.

Thank you all again. :thumbsup:

Now that you added borders, I can focus on the content! Unfortunetly now that I can see your website better, I realize it looks sorta stock... I can tell there are a bunch of changes though.

The way I designed my site is to start out on paper, and figure out what I wanted the site to look like. (I dont' claim my site is awsome, just that it doesn't look very stock osc) Don't start out with stock osc and modify it, or no matter what you do it will still look stock. Instead, start out with a blank piece of paper, and set up your site like you want it w/o looking at oscommerce. Make oscommerce fit your design, not the other way around.

I didn't think of this method, I found it on these forums somewhere. Thats another good advice, read a bunch of threads in this topic, I got a lot of ideas from here, as well as the wrong way to do things :)

That said, here is how I would look at the site if I never heard of oscommerce before:

What is TEXT_GREETING_GUEST for? This site is ok but it is kinda bland. It is simple though, which is good, but a little too simple. The specials scroll too fast. I would shop here if the prices were good but there is nothing to really set it apart from other sites (e.g. competition)

By the way, what is the point of having a google bar at the bottom of the screen, to drive customers away? Have it only search your site and it might be more usefull, at least if google has indexed your site.

Install a seo contrib, it is very usefull in helping rankings in search engines. Again: read around the forums a bunch.

For a second I saw shadows for the borders, then I hit refresh and they went away. Shadows might look kinda cool for borders, if it was done right...

Boring and stock, the scrolling specials actually makes it worse.....

But dont mind me, its the sales figures that counts.... :lol:

Ok, to start of...you have a bit of a problem on main page....TEXT_GREETING_GUEST.

Next,

I tried Link Exchanged....they don't like the osc link system. Trouble accpeting other people's links because of the redirects, so i got rid.

It does look clean, if a little 'boring'?

Footer header bar is different colour to the rest of the header bars....is this on purpose?

TIP:-

Maybe installing the header tags contribution will help you when it comes to search engine rankings, and also generally spruces the site up a little.....Just my opinion

Steve

Archived