• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Big Booboo Help

In file manager I was in the following file:

/mnt/web_m/d32/s17/b024b6d9/www/villagetidbits/nfoscomm/catalog/admin/includes/languages/english.php

When I was in there I thought I was somewhere else and I changed the line with "title" line. I changed the title from Oscommerce to Villagetidbits. I know now that I should not have. The line of the code I changed is line 48. Here is a the lines of code surrounding where I changed this (actual line is in Bold):

/ Global entries for the <html> tag

define('HTML_PARAMS','dir="LTR" lang="en"');

// charset for web pages and emails

define('CHARSET', 'iso-8859-1');

// page title

define('TITLE', 'osCommerce');

Anyway, now when I try to go in to the control panel to change this, the control panel does NOT come up. Instead I get just a white box that says, "Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in /mnt/web_m/d32/s17/b024b6d9/www/villagetidbits/nfoscomm/catalog/admin/includes/languages/english.php on line 108"

The webpage itself still shows up however the control panel will not show up. Do I need to start all over? Here is a link to the page itself:

My Webpage.

I thought if I could get into the control panel I could delete the file and just upload the orinal one again. Is this possible? I cannot believe I did something so stupid! :( Anyway, could someone PLEASE help me. :) Thanks in advance! Have a good week!

Irv

Forgot to say that I did make a backup file prior to this happening. :)

In file manager I was in the following file:

/mnt/web_m/d32/s17/b024b6d9/www/villagetidbits/nfoscomm/catalog/admin/includes/languages/english.php

When I was in there I thought I was somewhere else and I changed the line with "title" line.  I changed the title from Oscommerce to Villagetidbits.  I know now that I should not have.  The line of the code I changed is line 48.  Here is a the lines of code surrounding where I changed this (actual line is in Bold):

/ Global entries for the <html> tag

define('HTML_PARAMS','dir="LTR" lang="en"');

// charset for web pages and emails

define('CHARSET', 'iso-8859-1');

// page title

define('TITLE', 'osCommerce');

Anyway, now when I try to go in to the control panel to change this, the control panel does NOT come up.  Instead I get just a white box that says, "Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in /mnt/web_m/d32/s17/b024b6d9/www/villagetidbits/nfoscomm/catalog/admin/includes/languages/english.php on line 108"

The webpage itself still shows up however the control panel will not show up.  Do I need to start all over?  Here is a link to the page itself:

My Webpage.

I thought if I could get into the control panel I could delete the file and just upload the orinal one again.  Is this possible?  I cannot believe I did something so stupid! :(  Anyway, could someone PLEASE help me. :)  Thanks in advance!  Have a good week!

Irv

I finally figured out how to use the back up. :) THANK GOD I actually did a back up. This would have been the second time I had to start from scratch. Wheewww.

Have a great week everyone!

Irv

Forgot to say that I did make a backup file prior to this happening. :)

Good job on making a backup. I don't think anyone here can say that they have never needed a backup. :)

-jared

Archived