• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

'upcoming products' problem

edesignz

ON the 2 stores that i have built i have problems on both with upcoming products listings.

When you click on a product to view its description it says 'product not found' even though i have added it to the catalog. All of my upcoming products are obviously marked 'out of stock' in the admin and i have set the checkout to disable orders if products are out of stock.

Whats the prblem with this?

Thanks,

Steve

ON the 2 stores that i have built i have problems on both with upcoming products listings.

When you click on a product to view its description it says 'product not found' even though i have added it to the catalog. All of my upcoming products are obviously marked 'out of stock' in the admin and i have set the checkout to disable orders if products are out of stock.

Whats the prblem with this?

Thanks,

Steve

upcoming products does not care about products status, stock or anything else but that the availability date is in the future.

you need to give some more info or a link.

Treasurer MFC

upcoming products does not care about products status, stock or anything else but that the availability date is in the future.

you need to give some more info or a link.

so if you have a product with an availability date in the future it will show as upcoming. If you then set the products status to zero, it will not show and you will get a product not found. so enable the product or change the query in upcoming to check for only products with status 1.

or disable the product link in upcoming if the product in question has a status of zero.

Treasurer MFC

Hi,

I have marked the products for upcoming stock as out of stock, but have set quantities of 100 for every item as i am not using oscommerce to subtract stock.

If i mark it in stock it works fine but it then appears in the 'new products' box on the main screen and i dont want that.

Archived