• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Payment methods

Lufek

Hello,

I have shop with about 15/20 orders per day and only payment method available for now is credit card.

I would like to know is it worth to install other payment modules ( like moneybookers ) etc? How many ppl will use that? What payment methods You provide in Your shops?

Thx,

Lufek

Hello,

I have shop with about 15/20 orders per day and only payment method available for now is credit card.

I would like to know is it worth to install other payment modules ( like moneybookers ) etc? How many ppl will use that? What payment methods You provide in Your shops?

Thx,

Lufek

You should at very least offer cheque/MO in addition to any other payment methods as not everyone has a CC. As for my store, I have the following payment options:

• InternetSecure (Real-Time CC Processing)
  • Bank Transfer (CAD Only)
  • Bank Transfer (USD Only)
  • Cheque/MO
  • CC (Manual Processing)

I have only one or the other of the two CC options offered at one time depending upon the order amount. If the order's over a certain amount, neither CC option will be offered. I haven't got to it yet, but am going to change it so only one of the bank transfer options will be offered, dependin upon the currency selected when entering the checkout.

Although most of my orders are paid via CC, I do get a few paid by cheque or money order. If I didn't offer it as a payment option, I'd never have gotten those sales.. or their return sales in the future. Doesn't cost anything to offer the option, but does provide a way to make extra sales to those without a CC.

I offer bank transfer because it's another payment option to those without CCs and is much faster than sending a cheque or money order in the mail to us. Bank transfer is also used my some of my B2B clients for the somewhat larger orders where I may choose not to offer CC as a payment method. I'll be adding a cash payment option for local buyers when I get a chance as well.

~James

One thing you want to try is add the discount payment type mod. Basically to save credit card processing fees, i.e. your processing fee for each transaction is 3%, well since your customer is probably going to use credit card for ease, use the discount payment mod to offer 1.5% discount if they pay by check/money order instead.

It works. :)

moneybookers? nah.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived