• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Help for a newbie please

Hi all,

Please can some one help a complete newbie to osc and php?

After much adoo I have managed to get our store on line and configured as we want it to some degree, ( still playing with colour and bits) I have managed to change the header logo for our own but would like to move it to the center :blink:

I have looked all over this forum but cant find any mention of it :'( Can some one please advise and please bear in mind you are telling a durrrrrr brain how to perform a labottomy :-"

Many thanks

Mike

PS mine's a scotch and water :thumbsup:

Do you want the images that are on the same row as the header image?

If not open catalog/includes/header.php and find

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
 <tr class="header">
   <td valign="middle"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'oscommerce.gif', 'osCommerce') . '</a>'; ?></td>
   <td align="right" valign="bottom"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_account.gif', HEADER_TITLE_MY_ACCOUNT) . '</a>  <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_cart.gif', HEADER_TITLE_CART_CONTENTS) . '</a>  <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_checkout.gif', HEADER_TITLE_CHECKOUT) . '</a>'; ?>  </td>
 </tr>
</table>

and get rid of

<td align="right" valign="bottom"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_account.gif', HEADER_TITLE_MY_ACCOUNT) . '</a>  <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_cart.gif', HEADER_TITLE_CART_CONTENTS) . '</a>  <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_checkout.gif', HEADER_TITLE_CHECKOUT) . '</a>'; ?>  </td>

then add align="center" to <td valign="middle">

If you do want those links then find the same code as above but change it to this

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
 <tr class="header">
   <td align="center" valign="middle"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'oscommerce.gif', 'osCommerce') . '</a>'; ?></td>
 </tr>
 <tr class="header">
 </tr>
</table>

Ofcourse there are other ways to do it, but that is what I suggest.

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

Hi again folks :P

What can I say? very many thanks to you all for your help and suggestions :thumbsup:

just off to give them a go now and I will let you all know the out come a little later

Thanx

Mike :rolleyes:

PS still looking for the scotch bottle :blink:

Hi All once more :P

Followed your sugestions and IT WORKED!!!!!!!!! great many thanx all :D

This is My Webpage any suggetions would be greatfuly recieved You are all my hero's

Once again thanx

Mike :P

PS some body has nicked the scotch bottle :huh:

Archived