• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

submiting to engines

rommany

Hi guys,

This is a dumb question i guess.

When you submit your site to an search engine do you only submit the eg: www.xxxxxx.co.uk or do you submit all the pages eg: www.xxxxxxxxxxx.com/index.php www.xxxxxxxx.com/about_us.php and so on.

The reason i ask it that google has my site down for a pr 0 with www.xxxxxx.com and a pr 3 for www.xxxxxxxx.com/index.php

But i never submited index.php only .com, so at a guess its something to do with index/follow meta tag ?

many thanks

Thank jack, i thought that.

Can anyone tell why then its important that your other pages have good mega tags and different keyword if only the main page has the main text content and keywords on it?

many thanks

It's important to have a unique title, and specialized optimized content for each page that you would like to have indexed in search engines.

If all you want is 1 page indexed, with a couple of SERPs, then it's not important at all.

The point is, you want as many pages indexed, accross as many different targetted search phrases as possible. Each page should be focused on no more than 2 or 3 phrases each.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

Archived