• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

backup problems cont

OK.

My, not yet completed, shop is in a real mess now and I need help. Before installing a contribution (category image folder tree) I backed up my store and my database. So far so good.

I did not, however, manage to get the contribution to work and so decided, as the contribution moved around the files and images a great deel, it would be best to use my backup to get back to normal.

After upploading all the files the ftp program I use (filezilla) reported 30 or so critical transfer errors. I checked these files and they were not files that had in any way been altered or moved by the contribution however when I later tried to restore my database I recieved the following error at the top of the database restore page in Admin:

h; } for ($i=$offset; $i<$high; $i++) { $new_array[$i-$offset] = $array[$i]; } return $new_array; } } ?>

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/www/thecozmicshop.se/htdocs/shop/admin/includes/functions/compatibility.php:168) in /home/www/thecozmicshop.se/htdocs/shop/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

OR_NO_DEFAULT_LANGUAGE_DEFINED, 'error'); } if (function_exists('ini_get') && ((bool)ini_get('file_uploads') == false) ) { $messageStack->add(WARNING_FILE_UPLOADS_DISABLED, 'warning'); } ?>

I get the following error att the top of my store:

return $trail_string; } } ?>

And I get the foloowing errors in phpmyadmin:

deleteBookmarks()' function /** * Bookmark Support */ $cfgBookmark = PMA_getBookmarksParam(); } // $__PMA_BOOKMARK_LIB__ ?>

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/www/thecozmicshop.se/htdocs/phpMyAdmin-2.2.7-pl1/libraries/bookmark.lib.php:170) in /home/www/thecozmicshop.se/htdocs/phpMyAdmin-2.2.7-pl1/libraries/ob.lib.php on line 53

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/www/thecozmicshop.se/htdocs/phpMyAdmin-2.2.7-pl1/libraries/bookmark.lib.php:170) in /home/www/thecozmicshop.se/htdocs/phpMyAdmin-2.2.7-pl1/header.inc.php on line 23

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/www/thecozmicshop.se/htdocs/phpMyAdmin-2.2.7-pl1/libraries/bookmark.lib.php:170) in /home/www/thecozmicshop.se/htdocs/phpMyAdmin-2.2.7-pl1/header.inc.php on line 24

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/www/thecozmicshop.se/htdocs/phpMyAdmin-2.2.7-pl1/libraries/bookmark.lib.php:170) in /home/www/thecozmicshop.se/htdocs/phpMyAdmin-2.2.7-pl1/header.inc.php on line 25

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/www/thecozmicshop.se/htdocs/phpMyAdmin-2.2.7-pl1/libraries/bookmark.lib.php:170) in /home/www/thecozmicshop.se/htdocs/phpMyAdmin-2.2.7-pl1/header.inc.php on line 26

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/www/thecozmicshop.se/htdocs/phpMyAdmin-2.2.7-pl1/libraries/bookmark.lib.php:170) in /home/www/thecozmicshop.se/htdocs/phpMyAdmin-2.2.7-pl1/header.inc.php on line 28

I will gladly pay someone to help me get this mess sorted out as the webshop should be going live by the summer.

Waiting in hope

DTL

It looks like you have at least one corrupted file but I couldn't begin to guess which one at this point. You should upload the complete admin section to your server, not including the includes/configure.php file. If the admin section still fails with erros, then the database is at fault. If it works, then try replacing the files in admin with your current backup. Do one section at a time and check the site each time. Eventually you will find the file(s) causing the problem.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

It looks like you have at least one corrupted file but I couldn't begin to guess which one at this point. You should upload the complete admin section to your server, not including the includes/configure.php file. If the admin section still fails with erros, then the database is at fault. If it works, then try replacing the files in admin with your current backup. Do one section at a time and check the site each time. Eventually you will find the file(s) causing the problem.

Jack

Hej Jack

Thanks for the advice. It cleared up a few problems but I still have many left. Where can I find more help. The problems are beyond my abilities.

Please advise.

Other than private support, you can pour through the documentation, use the search function and post your questions on the forums.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

When you finally get it back up, you'll hopefully have learnt a valuable lesson not to use the OSC backup tool.

Learn to backup using FTP and phpMyAdmin. Can't stress enough how much time and hassle this will save you in the long run...

Archived