• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

SSL Lock

I have Godaddy ssl program , How do I get Lock to show when customer orders ? The program is on the server but still have (You are not protected by a secure SSL connection.) when I go on the admin log on . please help .

I use GoDaddy's Turbo SSL certificate and have no problems getting the padlock to show up. It only appears when data is transacted (such as logging in, making payment, etc.) When you are just browsing the store, you usually only get http: pages, which aren't secured (nor do they need to be).

One issue I am still trying to resolve is that GoDaddy's Turbo SSL certs use an intermediate certificate which has to be installed somewhere in the root area of the server. Since I buy my hosting from a big provider, I'm not having much luck getting this done. In the meantime, you will often get an alert saying "The name of the certifying authority is not recognized". All the other fields match up OK and the transactions are still secure as long as you say OK to the alert.