• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Site shows VARIABLE_NAME not the Value

GwilliamP

New to PHP and OSC so I am finding it a bit hard to debug this. To be honest I am not sure when it started. I have only just noticed it.

I am configuring a new site for my wife's project. It is nearly ready to go live but now I have a problem that I just can't get to the bottom of.

This is affecting all pages. Nearly all of the page is now showing the variable name and not it's value (header, left, right and footer). The centre section is OK. All languages are the same so I don't think it is includes/languages/english.php. Admin is OK.

Index.php is just too complex for me to 'read' at the moment. I still have a lot to learn about php.

Please will someone look at The wife's site to see what I mean?

ANY help would be appreciated

Those items are stored in the includes/languages/english.php file. Take a look at it and make sure the defines are actually there.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Definitely one quick little problem, not a series. Did you do anything with the main config file? Where have you been working in the site? You could try posting the code from the config file here (without the database name and password) and let folks look. I'm guessing that's where the problem lies, but I'm not sure.

Those items are stored in the includes/languages/english.php file. Take a look at it and make sure the defines are actually there.

Jack

I have just compared /includes/languages/english.php to the backup of the original. No differences apart from the new lines required for the 'checkout without account' contribution.

WOW - FIXED IT! On a hunch, I copied the additions (only a few lines) into the original and saved over the live file. FIXED.

I can only assume that somehow the english.php got corrupted somehow.

Thank you for looking at it for me.

Archived