• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Linking between product pages

Pink

I need to add some cross-reference links to our product pages. For instance on a page showing a Tibetan Singing Bowl, I might want to add a link to a Japanese Rin Gong page.

The following syntax, entered in the product_description field of the product_description table using phpMyAdmin works:

<a href="http://[myURL]/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=173">Rin Gong Set</a>

However, the same syntax, entered in Admin generates the following error message:

CGI Error

The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers

If someone could advise as to a whether I am doing something ill-advised or if there is a simpler way, I would be quite grateful.

-Pink

You can add a link to a specific product by linking this way...

<a href="<?php echo tep_href_link('product_info.php','products_id=173') alt="Product name">Product Name</a>

Hope that makes sense. I do not think you need the ? but if it doesn't work try adding that before product_id

Woops, I should read more clearly, this won't help in the product description. It will still cause errors. It has something to do with the way it parses the code. I know there are several threads about this problem though. If I come across one I will put a link here.

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

There is a contribution called Xsell, that allows you to do what you want but a lot of people seem to have problems with it. I have it installed and working so you can give it a try if you feel up to giving it a shot. If you do just back up the files they say to edit so if you have a problem you can go back to the ok files.

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

Archived