• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Add new zone to zone rate shipping

etu1972

I added a new Tax Class, Zone 2 to cover European countries, Canada and Australia, that I want to use in the Zone Rate Shipping, but can't determine why Zone 2 is not appearing in the Zone Rate Shipping options. Ultimate goal, 1 shipping rate for US (Zone 1) and a second shipping rate for Europe, Canada and Australia. Zones-impaired here. Thanks for any help. AMc

Should I stay or should I go now? Thanks and goodbye Joe.

The shipping zones are configured independently of the tax zones. Go to your admin panel, click ->Modules -> Shipping and click Zones (or Zones International if you have that choice) and set up your new shipping areas. This is set up in this way as (for example) here in the UK I can post to Ukraine, Belarus, Egypt, Spain and Turkey for the same price with my carrier. The European ones, I must charge VAT - the others I dont have to - therefore, my VAT zone and my shipping zones are different.

hope that helps!

Please note - if I have suggested a contrib above, it doesnt mean it will work! Most of the contribs are not ones I've used, but may be useful for your particular problem....

Have you tried a refined search? Chances are your problem has already been dealt with elsewhere on the forums.....

if (stumped == true) {

return(square_one($start_over)

} else {

$random_query = tep_fetch_answer($forum_query)

}

Hi and thanks for the reply. I read through the comments in the zones.php file and realized that the number of zones for my cart was set to 1 in that file. I changed it to 2 and can now set the details for zone 2 from the Admin panel. Thanks, AMc

Should I stay or should I go now? Thanks and goodbye Joe.

Hi and thanks for the reply.  I read through the comments in the zones.php file and realized that the number of zones for my cart was set to 1 in that file.  I changed it to 2 and can now set the details for zone 2 from the Admin panel.  Thanks, AMc

I've been searching through the zones.php file and can't find where you switch zones=1 to zones= new number. Can anyone enlighten me as to what line I might find the code on.

Thanks!

Julie

The file you require is /includes/modules/shipping/zones.php not the one in the languages directories.

Around line 110 you should see the following:

// CUSTOMIZE THIS SETTING FOR THE NUMBER OF ZONES NEEDED

$this->num_zones = 1;

Change the number 1 to the number of zones that you require.

If you have already installed the zones module in you admin system, you will need to uninstall it then reinstall it after changing zones.php. For some reason it doesn't work correctly of you install it first then change this number.

Pete

Archived