• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Using affiliate products?

DandA

Hi everyone..

I seem to be having a problem.

I'd like to fill my osCommerce store with products that I am selling as an affiliate.

Example would be:

I have a commission junction account, one of the affiliate programs I joined sells widgets. I've gotten the link code for widgets from commission junction. I'd like to sell the widgets in my osC shopping cart, but I have NO clue as to how to put the product in the cart so that my affiliate number stays intact.

Any suggestions would be extremely helpful...

Thanks,

Anne

I'm assuming you wish to aggregate a customers order yourself, then send a full cart to your affiliate partner?? (Otherwise why would you need a shopping cart?) - if this is the case, allow the customer to fill their cart without any refernece to your affiliate id. Then when they go to checkout, you need to be able to send an aggreagted cart to the partner site with your affiliate details. The PayPal IPN contribution already does a similar task (of sorts) by getting all the details of your cart and sending this to PayPal with your payment details readdy for the customer to pay an itemised bill - a little tweaking of the code in the PayPal IPN mod whould therefore enable you to send a fully populated shopping basket including your affiliate id to your partner site. Again, making the big assumption that your partner site then has the technology to read your data which you are sending across.

If single item sales (i.e. no shopping cart required), you need to change the add to cart links to point directly at your partner site with your affiliate id embedded in the links. This is far simpler, but means lower orders potentially - however in the first method you risk forcing your customer to create an account with you only to then have to create an account with the partner site as well.........................

Please note - if I have suggested a contrib above, it doesnt mean it will work! Most of the contribs are not ones I've used, but may be useful for your particular problem....

Have you tried a refined search? Chances are your problem has already been dealt with elsewhere on the forums.....

if (stumped == true) {

return(square_one($start_over)

} else {

$random_query = tep_fetch_answer($forum_query)

}

Archived