• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Few problems - please help! :)

Crash Records

Hey, our shop has been using OSCommerce for a number of months now, and we have encountered a few problems over the time we have been using it.

i was wondering whether any of you kind people could help us in sorting out a few issues that we have.

1) People have been stating how after making orders, and receiving an order pending email, that they have logged back into their account to see that they have no history - no records of any orders?

2) People have been trying to make orders for multiples of one item.. ie. 3. and it has been getting processed as just 1.

3) Sometimes we receive two duplicate orders, for the same item.. meaning we have to email them back to find out how many they actually want. These duplicates are normally recieved between 2/3 minutes of each other.

4) Sometimes, people have been known to get onto the shop, and have found themselves already logged in under a different username...someone elses account?

5) We sometimes experience downtime, with too many connections to the MySQL database, could this be to do with a shared server?

6) We find after we have received a certain number of orders... for instance 300...the shop slows dramatically unless we clear it out... any ideas?

Thanks very much, your time, in helping us would be really appreciated :D

i would venture to say you should move to a faster server and or dedicated, as looks like when someone clicks an order, it just sits, thus they click again to submit.

and a few minor changes too in tmp file settings and also set store sessions to mysql

i would venture to say you should move to a faster server and or dedicated, as looks like when someone clicks an order, it just sits, thus they click again to submit.

and a few minor changes too in tmp file settings and also set store sessions to mysql

I tried your help...now things have gotten worse :(

Basically.. i changed the session settings..and noticed that orders in the pending box were coming thru as double?? both with different amounts:

http://www.crashrecords.co.uk/untitled-1.jpg

http://www.crashrecords.co.uk/untitled-2.jpg

I reset all the settings, and they still come thru like this, and now we have had a customer email, saying that they saw two totals on their bill..two sub totals.. and then a final total like:

1 x Melvins - Mangled Demos From 1983 0% ?12.99 ?12.99

1 x Van Morrison - Magic Time 0% ?13.99 ?13.99

Sub-Total: ?27.40

Sub-Total: ?26.98

Ticket Orders (Select this option if you are only booking tickets:): ?0.50

CD/DVD/Vinyl/Merchandise Orders (Select this option if you are purchasing the above:): ?1.50

Total: ?27.90

Total: ?28.48

any ideas??? please help

Archived