• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Linking between product pages

Pink

I need to add some cross-reference links to our product pages. For instance on a page showing a bronze Buddha statue, I want to advise viewers that we also offer a gold-plated Buddha statue.

The following syntax, entered in the product_description field of the product_description table using phpMyAdmin works:

<a href="http://[myURL]/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=37">Medicine Buddha, Gold Plated.</a>

However, the same syntax, entered in Admin generates the following error message:

CGI Error

The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers

If someone could advise as to a whether I am doing something ill-advised or if there is a simpler way, I would be quite grateful.

-Pink

there are contributions you can use

try searching for

xsell and also recomend

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

Thanks to all who have given feedback (above).

Inspite of the caveats, I downloaded the mod "X-Sell v2-MS2 - Cross Sell for MS2".

The download consisted of only one file, xsell_products.php, and no instructions.

I'm really not sure what to do at this point. So, if somebody knows, I would be appreciative of advice.

-Pink

Thanks to all who have given feedback (above).

Inspite of the caveats, I downloaded the mod "X-Sell v2-MS2 - Cross Sell for MS2".

The download consisted of only one file, xsell_products.php, and no instructions.

I'm really not sure what to do at this point. So, if somebody knows, I would be appreciative of advice.

-Pink

Download the full version, install it, then add the updates as required.

Look for a download that has all the files including the sql bit, and start there

I have just installed this with no problems.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Archived