• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Maximum number of cart lines

paulhastings

I am having a problem with the number of items (lines) that can be added to a shopping cart. I can not add more than 7 items, if I try and add item #8, it just goes to la la land. I have looked in admin for a 'max cart items' and do not find that. I also have just spent 2 hours searching the forums. I may be blind and I may not search well (I did read the 'how to search' and it was helpful) or I may be both. The 'Electric Power Tools' and the 'Hand Tools' catagorys have enough product loaded to test things out. This is not a live store yet.

https://ssl1.nmia.com/~mesa/Toolcrib/catalog/

Can any one shed any light on this? :huh:

Paul

Really..... I'm not a cynical person, just most of the people in the world hack me off.....

I am having a problem with the number of items (lines) that can be added to a shopping cart. I can not add more than 7 items, if I try and add item #8, it just goes to la la land. I have looked in admin for a 'max cart items' and do not find that. I also have just spent 2 hours searching the forums. I may be blind and I may not search well (I did read the 'how to search' and it was helpful) or I may be both.  The 'Electric Power Tools' and the 'Hand Tools' catagorys have enough product loaded to test things out. This is not a live store yet.

https://ssl1.nmia.com/~mesa/Toolcrib/catalog/

Can any one shed any light on this?  :huh:

Paul

I just tried and can perfectly add more than 8 items to the cart IF I do them one by one. What doesn't work is the way you replaced the buy now button with an input field and one overall add to cart button at the bottom. Assuming you have used a contrib for this feature there must have crawled an error in your edits when implementing this contrib.

On one of your pages I changed several products from zero to one quantity, pushed the add to cart button and nothing was added.

Hope this gives you some clue of where to look probably !

I just tried and can perfectly add more than 8 items to the cart IF I do them one by one. What doesn't work is the way you replaced the buy now button with an input field and one overall add to cart button at the bottom. Assuming you have used a contrib for this feature there must have crawled an error in your edits when implementing this contrib.

On one of your pages I changed several products from zero to one quantity, pushed the add to cart button and nothing was added.

Hope this gives you some clue of where to look probably !

Yes, I had added the Multi_Items Contribution, I should have noted that in the origonal post. Sorry 'bout that.

I removed that contribution and things are working OK now. Thank you for the direction.

Paul

Really..... I'm not a cynical person, just most of the people in the world hack me off.....

Archived