• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

multiple specials/sales?

emkay

Hello,

i've searched both the forums and the contributions-db but haven't really found a solution to this (simple?) feature.

Is there a contribution i missed that lets you define multiple specials?

Specials just allows you to set up one "group/category"

Salemaker forces you to choose a whole category

I'd like to pick products and assign them to different specials/sales without having to re-group them or throw them in a new category.

given categories:

1) Hifi

2) TV

3) Computer

Is there a contribution that lets me define e.g. a "Sony" special and a "Philips" special?

or could I install multiple instances of "specials"? :huh:

the specials that comes with osc lets you pick one product at a time and set the dates for the sale.

not exactly sure what you are looking for if individual products or whole categories is not what you are looking for.

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

not exactly sure what you are looking for if individual products or whole categories is not what you are looking for.

how much clearer can I make it then providing my example scenario above?

given categories:

1) Hifi

2) TV

3) Computer

Is there a contribution that lets me define e.g. a "Sony" special and a "Philips" special?

...where "Sony special" would of course be a special including e.g. all Hifi, TV and Comp stuff made by ...well Sony e.g.

It's not an perfect example cause it's not about the manufacturer. It could be anything really.

Ok, and how much clearer do I have to be? You can set specials in your admin as it is now, without needing something else to do it. Want to call it a Sony Sale? Then call it that on your front page. Not sure what the issue is.

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

... Not sure what the issue is.

:rolleyes:

a "Sony" special and a "Philips" special?

2x, two, t-w-o, plural, more-than-one!

TWO (or even more) seperate "specials categories/specials groups" (if you want)

• 2 years later...

I think I understand.

I want to do something similar. We have a Patchwork/Embroidery Shop. We have LOTS of different products (over 10000). For all the old discontinued stock on special would take up many pages on the specials page.

I have been trawling the forums for a while now hoping to find a way to force the specials page into categories. So when a customer clicks on specials, they see different categories of specials. For instance, they see:

Patchwork

Embroidery

Scrapbooking

Magazines

etc.

inside of the specials page.

There was someone who mentioned doing something similar with a contribution, but Vger mentioned it wouldn't work with SPPC installed, so it wasn't an option.

I dismissed something I probably shouldn't of: Someone was talking about putting a Specials page inside every relevant category and sub category. So when the customer clicks on the Patchwork category from the categories box they will see a specials sub category.

Of course I can't find it again.

TJ

For the original request, there is now Specials by Manufacturers http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...search,specials

To ease administration you have

Admin Specials by category/manufactur http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3142/

(also has SPPC variant) http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3366/

But to split them in categories, I don't know of any ready-made contribution.

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

Archived