• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Navigation speed problem with

Good evening community.

I have recently downloaded and with help from this forum installed a working scrolling best seller box. Thanks for the tips here.

The problem I am having now, after spending two days getting it to work, is that it dramatically slows down my site. Previously from one page to the next it took under one second (I have 10MB up and down). It now takes 4 to 8 seconds per page.

Is there anything to do about this or do you recommend that I remove the Best Seller plugin.

If you recommend removal of the box please suggest a suitable replacement contribution that promotes my products.

Hope to here from someone.

DTL

My site is here...and a long way from being finished.

www.thecozmicshop.se/shop

Remove the scrolling box. What's wrong with a static box - the image should refresh every page click anyway, unless you're using caching.

Nicest would be a flash app with alpha transitions from one product to the next, but this takes time and skill to do correctly...

You could also just remove the iamges from the scrolling page, the images all have to load each time a page loads which slows down loading time. if it is just text you still get the "cool scrolling" effect but it doesn't take much time at all to load.

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

Remove the scrolling box. What's wrong with a static box - the image should refresh every page click anyway, unless you're using caching.

Nicest would be a flash app with alpha transitions from one product to the next, but this takes time and skill to do correctly...

Thanks for the advice

You could also just remove the iamges from the scrolling page, the images all have to load each time a page loads which slows down loading time. if it is just text you still get the "cool scrolling" effect but it doesn't take much time at all to load.

Thank you for explaining why pages load so slowly. I think I will remove it.

Thanks again.

DTL

Archived