• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

modifying the layout of category on left hand side

Hi

I just installed the script and it seems to work fine. My only concern now is to modify the design to look like my own site. The list of categories that appears on left hand side is a problem for me. Is it possible to modify the category listing to look like this.

http://www.precisiontuning.ca/

I would like the categories to look this way.

Thanks in advance

You can do it like this - in catalog/includes/boxes/categories.php:

change:

// display category name
   $categories_string .= $tree[$counter]['name'];

to:

// display category name
   $categories_string .= tep_image(DIR_WS_ICONS . 'arrow.gif') . ' ' . $tree[$counter]['name'];

You will of course need an 'arrow.gif' in your icons directory :P

Matti

• 4 months later...

small correction to allow a space missing ; after the  

// display category name
  $categories_string .= tep_image(DIR_WS_ICONS . 'arrow.gif') . ' ' . $tree[$counter]['name'];

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

So is that all you have to do to get the catergories menu to act like that? and to have the sub catergories to stay in the same box? I have have had so much trouble getting mine to work properly. Could some please help sort out my problem it would be greatly appreciated. www.diecast1stop.com/catalog

Kind Regards Brendan

what script did you use?

The site mentioned, precisiontuning, does not use any category mod at all....

The page you come to at first its just a "splash" opening page , when you click on the wanted "category link" on the front page.. you are just sent to the respective category under the default /catalog/ folder.

The category menu is the default oscommerce category menu without any modifications.

Archived