• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

A few simple questions

osmium

hey all.

I have searched the forums and read through the documentation but can't seem to find answers to a few simple Q's

1,My shipping method box in the flat rate option box has white text but so is the background which makes the text unreadable unless it is highlighted with the mouse.

2, is there an option or contrib that emails of orders to my email address, the same one customers get would be fine

Finally a suggestion. A newbie forum area and sticky (or pinned as I think they are called here) FAQ's would be really useful for those new to webdesign such as myself. I don't expect to be spoon fed and FAQ's would be really useful to prevent simple Q's like this from filling up the forums.

OsCommerce seems like a really awesome piece of software, all I need to do now is learn how to use it :)

thanks.

2. There's an option in admin panel

(configuration ->my store) for this

Forum search

Contributions search

Documentation search (note: docs being adapted for MS3, may be different for MS2)

3 tips for better forum searching

Want to post? Read this first:

osCommerce for dummies

Topic name etiquette

Basics:

Basics for design

Right syntax to use near '-20, 20'

Cannot re-assign $this

Parse error

Q 1, still answered

Q 2, answered, thanks Winterchild

New.

Q 3a, how/where do I change the headings at the top of the page "Let's see what we have here" is it possible to make this display the current catergory

Q 3b, how/where do I change the headings at the top of the page "what's new here"

Q 4, Where do i change the txt "Welcome Guest! Would you like to log yourself in? Or would you prefer to create an account?"

Q 5, Is it possible to search several pages at once for a particular part of code. Eg if i could search the website files for the above phrases I could work out where to change the code.

thanks all

New.

Q 3a, how/where do I change the headings at the top of the page "Let's see what we have here" is it possible to make this display the current catergory

amend this in catalog/includes/languages/english/index.php

Q 3b, how/where do I change the headings at the top of the page "what's new here"

as 3a

Q 4, Where do i change the txt "Welcome Guest! Would you like to log yourself in? Or would you prefer to create an account?"

amend this in catalog/includes/languages/english.php

Q 5, Is it possible to search several pages at once for a particular part of code. Eg if i could search the website files for the above phrases I could work out where to change the code.

depends on your editiong tools and working environment

If you have space and ability to download your entire shop and open up the files you can do universal scans

thanks all

Charles

A kite flies highest AGAINST the wind !

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a lover in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming ~ WOO HOO!! What a ride!"

cool, thanks for the help sofar

Q 6, I am trying to make a new payment module (electronic - for internet bank transfers/phone banking transfers etc)

I have duplicated the moneyorder files in

catalog/includes/modules/payment

and

catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/payment

replaced the references to "moneyorder" with "electronic" but can't seem to find where those modules are refered to. IE what other file/files do I need to change to make "electronic" a payment option in the admin panel.

I have had a look through the admin folders but again cant find any reference to "moneyorder" to replace.

thanks

Actually I've managed to get it into the admin module panel but its under the name "money order" so I now have two "money order"'s. anyone know where I've missed something?

• 2 weeks later...

7, How do I remove certain required fields in the sign up page OR make it so i can change it from within the admin control panel.

I have tried the contrib

"Account Signup Management" http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...,sign+up/page,6

but I believe it is outdated as the code and files that are refered to don't match up

The knowledge base doc regarding this http://www.oscommerce.info/kb/osCommerce_D...mer_Details/159

has been recently updated but the diagram does not match my recent version of oscommerce.

thanks

Archived