• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Only allowing full website members to purchase

Pooky

Whilst I am still trying to get my head around all this html and php I would like to know how to set up this feature.

There are two levels of access to the website I am working on. Those who have paid (full members) who get access to things like a gallery and stuff and guest access who can look around and post on the community forums.

Now I would only like full members to be able to purchase from the shop, but would like the guest members to view to see what they are missing out on (hence encouraging them to buy a years subscription).

Is this possible?

Hi

You want to limit selling, only to people who have already paid for access?

Call me nosey, but why? i'm very curious as to what your selling.

It is for a car club which wants to be able to sell spares online. Obviously there is no point in being a member if people can just buy spares without joining. The shop isn't there for profit making, it is a means of giving people easier access to purchase goods such as car website stickers, clothing, spares without having to ring the person concerned to see if we have it and then use snail mail to purchase the goods. Therefore the shop needs to be restricted to members only, but for guests to be able to view to entice them to sign up for year.

Hope that explains it?

It is for a car club which wants to be able to sell spares online. Obviously there is no point in being a member if people can just buy spares without joining. The shop isn't there for profit making, it is a means of giving people easier access to purchase goods such as car website stickers, clothing, spares without having to ring the person concerned to see if we have it and then use snail mail to purchase the goods. Therefore the shop needs to be restricted to members only, but for guests to be able to view to entice them to sign up for year.

Hope that explains it?

No-one able to say if it is possible or been done?

Archived