• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Install osCommerce on XPpro

Iamthor

I am haveing a heck of a time trying to isntall osCommerce 2.2ms2.

I am using XPpro, PHP 5.03, Apache 2.0, and mysql 4.1.1.

I have PHP, mysql, and Apache up and running. I put in the catalog file in Htdocs file, go to "http://localhost/catalog/install" hit the install.php which takes me to an install program. I put in all the information it asks for, then it goes to a New install and just stops. It looks like there should be more of the page but it dosen't want to display it. I don't know what to do at this point. Any help would be greatful.

downgrade to php4.3.11, 5 doesnt work well

Thank you,

I have downgraded to php4, but I am still haveing trouble. I am now at least getting feed back but it is tellling me this, "Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client". I am not sure what this means or how to go about fixing it. If you have any suggestions please let me know.

I have XP pro and used easyphp from easyphp.org to install phpmyadmin, apache and mysql and haven't had a problem. Not sure how you installed your stuff but if it isn't hard to uninstall may want to give that a shot.

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

Thank you all for your help. I was able to fixed the problem. It seems that mysql is using a 32 bit authentication while PHP is using a 16 bit one. I changed my password to the 16 bit one and it uploaded the database.

Now I can't update anything when I try to get into the "Catalog", or "Adminstration" I get a message like this:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /catalog/admin/://localhost/catalog/admin/configuration.php on this server

"Forbidden" nothing like being forbidden.

If anybody has any suggestions I would be greatful.

:thumbsup:

Archived