• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Page Content

rla128

1) How do I get rid of the "my account" link at the top of the page altogether?

2) On the front index page, at the top it says "Welcome Guest! Would you like to log yourself in? Or would you prefer to create an account?" How do I get rid of this?

3) On the main category pages, there is the text at the top "Let's see what we have here" and then a broken image (Alt is "Let's see what we have here"). Again, where is this?

4) In the category pages, on the sorting options, I would like to get rid of the "price" field altogether. Is this possible?

5) In the "my account" page, where the user is asked to enter their shipping, etc info, there is a line at the top the reads "NOTE: If you already have an account with us, please login at the login page." How do I get rid of this?

2) On the front index page, at the top it says "Welcome Guest! Would you like to log yourself in? Or would you prefer to create an account?" How do I get rid of this?

This will comment out the welcome line...but not the text under it.

login.php

find

<tr>
           <td class="main"><?php echo tep_customer_greeting(); ?></td>
         </tr>
         <tr>
           <td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
         </tr>

Replace with

<!--<tr>
           <td class="main"><?php echo tep_customer_greeting(); ?></td>
         </tr>
         <tr>
         </tr>-->

Need Hosting? Just ask!

3) On the main category pages, there is the text at the top "Let's see what we have here" and then a broken image (Alt is "Let's see what we have here"). Again, where is this?

You can change the text or remove it.....if you make the text blank then the space where it is will remain.

To make it blank you change it in includes/languages/english/index.php

To remove the whole line you need to comment it out in categories.php just like you did with the index.php page above.

Need Hosting? Just ask!

Thank you! That first file was index, not login, by the way.

So that leaves...

1) How do I get rid of the "my account" link at the top of the page altogether?

4) In the category pages, on the sorting options, I would like to get rid of the "price" field altogether. Is this possible?

5) In the "my account" page, where the user is asked to enter their shipping, etc info, there is a line at the top the reads "NOTE: If you already have an account with us, please login at the login page." How do I get rid of this?

1)

/includes/header.php

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr class="header">

<td valign="middle"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'oscommerce.gif', 'osCommerce') . '</a>'; ?></td>

<td align="right" valign="bottom"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_account.gif', HEADER_TITLE_MY_ACCOUNT) . '</a>  <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_cart.gif', HEADER_TITLE_CART_CONTENTS) . '</a>  <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_checkout.gif', HEADER_TITLE_CHECKOUT) . '</a>'; ?>  </td>

</tr>

</table>

Edit the second <td> to remove links as required

4) Yes, it's possible

5) in catalog/create_account.php, remove these lines:

<tr>

<td class="smallText"><br><?php echo sprintf(TEXT_ORIGIN_LOGIN, tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN, tep_get_all_get_params(), 'SSL')); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

</tr>

Or modify TEXT_ORIGIN_LOGIN in the language file if u want to change the text

Suggest you try digging round in the code yourself - these are very simple changes...

Archived