• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Question regarding images

Digitizer

Sometimes, my products have very long descriptions...and by long, I refer the the amount of horizontal space they take up on the screen!

Often, the descriptions overlap OVER the small image shown on the 'product description' page.

Does anyone know an effective way to either remove the small image of the product on the product description page? Or, specify it's location manually?

I'm hoping there is either a setting in the admin panel (which I can't find), or a way to change it by hand.

Thanks to everyone for their kind support!

In catalog/products_info (code for image as far as I know)

<script language="javascript"><!--
document.write('<?php echo '<a href="javascript:popupWindow(\\\'' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_POPUP_IMAGE, 'pID=' . $product_info['products_id']) . '\\\')">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image'], addslashes($product_info['products_name']), SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'hspace="5" vspace="5"') . '<br>' . TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE . '</a>'; ?>');
//--></script>
<noscript>
<?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image']) . '" target="_blank">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image'], $product_info['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'hspace="5" vspace="5"') . '<br>' . TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE . '</a>'; ?>
</noscript>

Personally I also got fed up with the text overlapping the image so I placed product description in a table:

<table>
<tr>
<td>
? ? ? ? ?<p><?php echo stripslashes($product_info['products_description']); ?></p></td>
</tr>
</table>

Forum search

Contributions search

Documentation search (note: docs being adapted for MS3, may be different for MS2)

3 tips for better forum searching

Want to post? Read this first:

osCommerce for dummies

Topic name etiquette

Basics:

Basics for design

Right syntax to use near '-20, 20'

Cannot re-assign $this

Parse error

Archived