• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

counting tags

Laney

If for every <td> there has to be a </td>, if I count them all and I come up with 30 <td> and 35 </td>, does it mean there are 5 <td> tags missing?

Is there a program to check these tags? I use UltraEdit...

Elaine

"There are only 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who don't. "

I am not aware of one that does it for html/php code. HTML-Kit has an option to find the other tag though and that is really useful. Also, if you install FireFox with the developers option, it does a good job of finding such problems.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

good, I use firefox.

but how about the "missing" 5 tags, are they really missing?

I am not aware of one that does it for html/php code. HTML-Kit has an option to find the other tag though and that is really useful. Also, if you install FireFox with the developers option, it does a good job of finding such problems.

Jack

"There are only 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who don't. "

If you are counting them hen viewing souce from a web browser, then they are missing. If it is by looking at the code, it may not be, depending on included files, although the code shouldn't be written that way.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived